Chapter 4

Xisuma PoV:
It was late evening, and it was already dark outside. He had spent the whole day with Dream, trying to work out something about the rift and the connection between their worlds. They had walked over to where once the rift was and hadn't found anything that could've helped them, except for a small glimmer of the violet glow, which they had decided to investigate tomorrow.

Xisuma looked around the small dining room. Zedaph had stopped by to see how the non-hermits were doing and was now chatting with Phil. Ranboo hadn't arrived yet, and although Tommy had jokingly told him that the hybrid liked staying out for way too long, he couldn't stop feeling a little uneasy. The admin kept remembering the strange scene that had happened the night before, and he was slightly worried that whatever that state was in which the ended an was before, that it could happen again and bring him some trouble.

After waiting for a little while longer, Xisuma decided to go out and look for Ranboo. He knew from Tubbo that the enderman wanted to go to the forest this morning, so that was where he wanted to look first. He opened the door and was greeted by heavy rain, so he went back inside to get his jacket. As he went back to the door, he noticed that someone was flying towards his base. He squinted and recognised Tango. He waited at the doorstep and greeted the hermit into a little fore room. "Hey Tango, how are you?" "I'm good, I'm good, listen. I think I've got one of your", he waved at the dining room, from where they could hear the chatter of the SMP'ers, "Newcomers there. He says his name is Ranboo, and he said he lost his way to your base. I found him knocking at my door just half an hour ago."

Xisuma sighed with relief. He hadn't looked forward to flying through the rain. "Is he still at your base?", the admin asked. "Yeah yeah, I wanted to show him the way here but he said he couldn't go out in the rain. He looks a little like an enderman, so I assume that has something to do with it?", Tango stated. Xisuma nodded and answered: "I would think so, yes. Since it's raining quite heavily right now, I'm gonna get him in the morning if it'll clear up over the night. Is that okay with you?" "Sure, seems like the most logical thing to do to me. By the way, do you know anything about these people? Like, where they're from, or what they're doing here...", Tango asked, slightly lowering his voice. The admin shook his head and replied: "I know barely anything. They got here through the rift, and their admin is saying that he doesn't know where the rift came from. I can't fully believe that though, it must've come from somewhere. Glitches this big don't just appear like smaller do, a literal merge of two worlds has to be caused by someone. Or something."

Xisuma informed the hermit a little more and he then flew through the rain back to his base. As Xisuma watched him fly off, he heard someone walking towards him, leaving the dining room. He turned around and saw Dream. "Something important?", the masked man asked. "Tango- a fellow hermit- informed me that Ranboo is at his base. Apparently he lost his way back and can't come now as the rain hurts him, is that true?", the other admin asked. Dream nodded, and the two of them walked back to the dining room, where Xisuma announced the news about Ranboo. Tommy started laughing and Tubbo glanced at him, somewhat amused himself. Phil asked shortly if the enderman was alright and continued to talk to Zedaph after. Apparently they were in a debate wether experiments should be conducted on people or if it was unethical. Xisuma decided to not bother with trying to get the context and said that he would be going now, as he was tired. He then left the room and went back to his bedroom, running the short distance in the rain between the two towers.

As he arrived in his room, he changed his wet clothes to dry ones and recalled everything that had happened. Him and Dream had found a mysterious glimmer near the rift, which they would take a closer look at tomorrow. Phil and Zed were clearly becoming friends. Tommy and Tubbo had talked to some hermits like Ren and Pearl, who both had seemed quite amused with the temper of the blonde and the other trying to calm him down. And Ranboo was at Tango's base, because he got lost in Scar's forest. Ranboo. Something was definitely off about him. Xisuma still remembered vividly the evening before. He wanted to talk to the hybrid about it, but he also didn't want to make him uncomfortable. Although he still needed answers.