Chapter 7

Xisuma PoV:
"They did WHAT?!", Xisuma exclaimed, as Tango told him about what the three boys did. "They went down where the rift was, which lead into another smaller cave system, which then lead to a big hall. And yeah, I found them there." The admin looked at the other hermit in shock, noticing that his shirt was slightly burned on his shoulder. Tango continued: "There was some kind of altar with a book, which, from what Tubbo said, possessed Ranboo in some way. He then attacked Tommy and Tubbo and knocked Tommy out, that's when I luckily found them. He wanted to strike down Tubbo as well, but I managed to fight him and stop him from doing so. I knocked him out afterwards." Tango noticed that the admin looked at his burned shoulder and said: "He hit me once with those strange fire-magic blasts. It's nothing big though, I was able to heal myself." Xisuma nodded slowly and asked: "And... Tommy is now...?" The other hermit sighed and replied: "I took him to my base. I did what I could to heal Tommy, but he mostly just needs some rest to heal himself."

Just as he said that, someone knocked on the door and Dream and Tubbo entered. "I assume you know what happened?", the masked man asked. The other admin nodded. "We need to act fast now. First: Tommy is at yours, is that right?", Dream continued, looking at Tango, who nodded as well and answered: "I did what I could to heal him, he should be fine in a day or two." "Good. Secondly: Ranboo. You said he got possessed by the book, right? That means we need to be careful with him. You described it as if he was in a constant state of enderwalking, so that means he can't control himself." Xisuma nodded and answered: "I know", forgetting that Tango was still in the room who did not know about it. The other admin turned around and looked at him, his expression hidden by his mask: "You know?" "I had a little... encounter with him while he was in said state."

Dream looked at him shortly and nodded, not questioning it. "Now, it's simply important to know what we want to do next", he continued. There was a short silence, when Tubbo hesitantly started: "The book had the same color as the rift had. Also, there must be a reason why it is where it is, right? So, we'll probably only be smarter once we've checked that. I think we should go there and see what we can do. Didn't you admins wanted to go there yourselves? With Phil and that guy in a brown jacket, if I remember correctly." As the boy looked at the adults, he noticed that the two admins exchanged looks, as if they were... guilty? Tango also noted that and asked: "What, are you two not telling us something?" He crossed his arms and met eyes with his admin, who then started: "We were there. Well, we didn't go in, because... well, we stopped shortly before the hall. I'm- I'm not sure what exactly happened, I just- actually, I do know what happened. I think the book tried to stop us- no, me- from going there. For what reason? I don't know. Maybe because I can open a portal with it? I really don't know. Either way, it injured me and successfully stopped us from going there."

"Does that means you... can't go there?", the red-eyed hermit asked after a short pause. The admin sighed and answered: "I'm gonna be honest, it did exhaust me quite a lot, more then I would like to say. I wish I could say that I'll be fine, but I can't guarantee that. It felt like it straight up killed me. But I am still gonna go there, as I have the feeling that there must be a reason why it's trying to stop me from doing so. So no, when we go, I will come with you." In that moment, there was another knock at the door, and Phil and Zedaph entered. "We're going where?" the hermit asked, as he closed the door behind them, only then noticing Tubbo and Tango. Dream quickly filled them in on everything. Zedaph looked shocked, while Phil mumbled: "I swear to god I'm going to destroy that book."

They spend the next hour discussing what they wanted to do next. They decided that Dream, Phil and Tango would go to the hall, where Tango and Phil would see what they could do about Ranboo, while Dream would get the book. If Dream wouldn't be able to do so, he would switch places with Tango. Zedaph and Xisuma would wait at the cavern above for Dream to bring the book. If the book injured Xisuma too much and he wouldn't be able to do something with it, Zedaph and Dream would separate him from the book as fast as possible. Tubbo would just stay with Tommy, after they decided that it would be too dangerous for him. The hermits also tried to convince their admin of doing something less dangerous, but he was determined. They also decided to wait until the next day, as everyone saw that Xisuma was still exhausted, even though he played it off.