Chapter 6

Alessia stands patiently in her outfit for the chariot ceremony the next day. She wears a plain black unitard with a fire-resembling cape, and headband/tiara to match.

Many designers bustle around, adjusting the tributes' makeup or congratulating each other

Alessia watches each and every tribute standing next to their chariots in the most ridiculous outfits she has ever seen.
She's glad she got Cinna as a stylist, he seems to really understand her and the district she came from.
She then notices Peeta walking up to her in a matching outfit.
"Cinna told us to load into the chariot," Peeta tells her.
"But where's the chariot?" Alessia asks, looking around for it.
Peeta points to a large door. They leave through it and walk to their chariot, in the far back of the line of chariots. Behind the door is a huge docking room, where all the tributes' chariots are aligned in order. Each chariot is custom designed to resemble the district it's for. In front of the docking room is a street in which the chariots will ride through for the people to see. In the streets, Alessia could
hear the people cheering for the tributes. Her nerves start to build as she knows she doesn't do too well with large crowds.

It was a rainy and drowsy fall day. It was the first day Alessia went back to school after what happened with her parents. School had just begun and Alessia sat down at her small desk and set up her pencils and notebook. The other classmates walked in and stared at her until the teacher started their lesson. She  listened the best she could and tried to block out all the stares people would give her.
Soon enough it was lunch break, Alessia went out into the school yard where her and Katniss would always sit. "Alessia... i... im sorry for what happened, I don't know what happened to your parents but I know that they passed..." Little Katniss looked into Alessia's gloomy eyes.
"I know, I'm sorry to..." Alessia didn't know what to say.
"I brought you a new toy I got! I knew it would cheer you up. My mom found it sitting on the road, and decided to bring it home for me and baby Prim." Katniss handed Alessia a small teddy bear with matted fur and some dirt on it. But Alessia and Katniss didn't care.
Alessia hugged the bear and they both sat in silence for the rest of lunch.
Once every student was back in the classroom, the teacher made an announcement, "Class, there will be an event after school... the Capitol has shown up with peacemakers and more guards. The government will be giving us a message. I want you all to be on your best behavior, please."
As soon as Alessia heard the word 'Capitol' she knew it had something to do with what happened to her parents. She was too young to fully understand but she knew enough that it wouldn't be good.
After the school bell ring, every child ran to the main part of town where the reaping would always happen and any announcements.
People found their way to their seats. Alessia sat next to Katniss and her family.
The mayor gave a long speech about respect to the Capitol and Alessia payed no attention.
Then 4 peacemakers made their way up the stage in an orderly fashion and President Snow walked up.
Alessia froze. She knew this couldn't be good. Her and Katniss glanced at each other and then back at Snow.
"Thank you for the warm welcome to District 12. As you may know, something very unfortunate has happened this past month. And I would very like to discuss rules to everyone. Would a young girl please come up? Alessia? There should only be one Alessia here, and I do not speak of her last name." Snow announced while looking for her.
Alessia froze and her eyes widened. Her heart beat rose. Everyone in the crowd backed away from her, and made room for her to make her way to the stage.
She slowly took a step forward and made her to the large stage in front of her.
"Now, this is an example of a horrible family. Her parents tried to sabotage and destroy the Capitol. Her parents were monsters!" Snow started getting angrier and his face became red as he explained that her parents were killed because they deserved to be killed.
Alessia stood there, she didn't know what to do but her eyes started to tear up.
"MY PARENTS WERE NOT MONSTERS. YOU. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO KILLED. SO MANY DEAD. THE HUNGER GAMES EVERY YEAR KILLS SO MANY. MY PARENTS. SO MANY FAMILIES DEAD. ALL BECAUSE OF YOU. BECAUSE YOU COULD NOT STOP. YOU COULD NOT LET GO YOUR POWER. YOU BRAIN WASH ALL THESE PEOPLE, TO MAKE OTHERS LOOK LIKE THE MONSTER. BUT NOW I KNOW THE TRUTH. IT IS NOT DISTRICT 13, NOT DISTRICT 12, NOT MY PARENTS. IT IS YOU. YOU ARE THE MONSTER," Alessia finally had enough and yelled at Snow. He just stared patiently at the little girl. The whole crowd was silent, no one wanted to be arrested for cheering or saying something.
He then said two words, "arrest her."
Guards walked up to the scared girl and took her away, while the crowd stood still.
She went to the small little jail in the district and was held there for a week.
She felt embarrassed, no body defended her.
When she was let out, everyone just stared at her and said nothing. It was almost as if they were scared. Scared of her. Scared of a small little girl who was so brave to stand up to the evil Capitol.

Alessia blinks back into reality. Peeta snaps his fingers in her face, "Alessia. Hey, Alessia. Are you okay?"
"What? Oh yeah, I'm fine." She blinks a couple of times, "So um... Peeta, what were you saying?"
"We should get on the chariot, all the others are." He says.
District 12's chariot is plain black with
black horses. The other tributes begin to mount their chariots as well. They then slowly get on their dull colored chariot.
"So what do you think of this get up? Cinna says he's going to light it right before we go on stage." She asks Peeta.
"Ha. I'll rip yours off, if you rip mine off," He says laughing nervously.
"Deal. Hey, where's Haymitch? Isn't he supposed to be here?" Alessia looks around for the man.
Peeta looks around as well and says, "With all the alcohol in him, I don't think he was allowed near open flames." They both laugh.
There is a large screen in the back room all the tributes are in. It shows two men talking about everyone's anticipation to see the tributes this year. Alessia examined them, they both have weird hairstyles like everyone else in the Capitol. The one named Claudius has blonde and curly hair that almost looks like an Afro while the other man named Caesar has a blue man bun.
Claudius' voice then booms through the speakers, "And now, for our 74th annual Hunger Games opening ceremonies, we give you... the tributes!"
Cheers can be heard from the crowd.

Claudius then continues, "District one!"

Alessia watches as the District one chariot rides out. The rest of the chariots move up in the line.

"District two!"

More cheers are heard. District two rides out, and they continue to move up in line.
Peeta looks over at Alessia, "I'm scared..."
She looks over at his concerning face, "no kidding."

"District three!"

More cheers occur. District three rides out, and they once again move up in line.
Cinna comes out from the prep building and jogs over to the chariot.

"District four!"

Once again, more cheers. Then district four rides out. They get closer and closer to door. Cinna then reaches them.

"District five!"

Cinna has to scream over the music, "I'm gonna light you up now!"
Peeta and Alessia both could not hear him. They both ask, "What?!"

"District six!"

A Capitol woman runs up and hands Cinna a torch with fake fire.
Alessia sighs, "Oh dear God, please help me."
Cinna looks her in the eyes, "this won't hurt."
Alessia trys to stay strong but it's a bit hard to when there's fire on her clothes.
Cinna climbs the chariot to reach their height.
Claudius continues to announce the districts,

"district seven!"

Peeta looks at Cinna, "uh are you sure about this?"

"District eight!"

Cinna takes Alessia's cape and lights it up. He does the same with her headdress. Peeta's cape and headress are lighten up as well.

"District nine!"

"Splendid. It works. Now, remember, smile! You look perfect. They'll love you. They will not forget you two. Alessia the girl on fire and the girl who sparked The Capitol," Cinna smiles at them and wishes them luck.
He then climbs off the chariot.

"District ten!"

"Ohhhhh, I'm shaking...." Alessia says while showing Peeta her shaking hand.
He takes her hand and holds it gently, she couldn't help but feel little butterfly's.

"District eleven!"

"That's a good one Peeta! Keep it up! Remember to smile," Cinna says encouraging Peeta to keep holding her hand.

Claudius then announces, "And last but not least, district twelve!"

Alessia and Peeta's chariot slowly moves closer and closer to the crowd.
Alessia's nerves building.

And that's the end of that chapter! Thanks for reading!
Please add any suggestions you may have related to the book pls!
❤️