CHAPTER 5: Favorite

A week passed and finally, Vegas is discharged. At the same time, the latter brother, has officially adopted Venice and with that said, he is coming home with them.

This fact had everyone smiling from ear to ear – even Nop couldn't control himself from smiling.

Pete is holding Venice with Macau on his left in the backseat of the car while Vegas is in the gunshot and Nop is the one driving. Vegas insisted that he'd be the one to hold Venice but Pete couldn't risk Vegas' still healing arms and Venice's peace.

Because, for the past few days, Venice couldn't get the chance to have a peaceful sleep without Vegas' constant bugging. The eldest couldn't keep his hands to himself as he was so excited by Venice's presence.

For the record, it's cute seeing Vegas be affectionate towards Venice but Pete couldn't stand it when he sees Venice cry receiving too much of it.

"Pete, I think your arms are tired already. I can hold Ven–

"NO!" Everyone opposes.

Vegas closed his once gaped mouth before he nods to himself and withdraws his hands. He then rests his arms in the open car window before leaning back.

"Jeez, no need to be so mad." Vegas sighs. He gazed outside and later furrowed his brows.

"Uh, Nop, do you have an errand or something? 'Cause, this isn't the way home."

"Ah, yes, apologies. It's in our best interest to stay in the Safe House for now, Master Vegas." Nop answers.

"And why is that?"

"Well, let's just say...it's under renovation, Master Vegas."

"Explain." Vegas ordered rather seriously.

"Of course. The passing of your late father, Khun Kan resulted for the loss of strength in security. Unidentified group raided the house during the night your father died. Only lesser skilled men were left that night and they attacked in those moments of weakness. This knowledge sparked in several attempts of harming the potential heir of the Minor Family – you, Master Vegas and Khun Macau. Fortunately, you and Khun Macau were in the hospital at that time."

"Although you were both unharmed, the risk is still there. And now that Khun Venice is here, that risk is significantly higher. Therefore, we must increase the strength in both our men and security. The Main Family is handling the said matter, as we speak since we are in dire need of every help we can get and I have faith in their prowess. The least I could do is bring you and your now bigger family to a safer place. Though, it's a bit far, it's a sacrifice worth a lot so, please bear with it, Master Vegas." Nop explains which leads us to a now unusually quiet Vegas.

The eldest Vegas, didn't really comprehend why they were attacked due to the death of his father and why there is a need to harm them. He thought his father died a natural death. Then, what's the reason for bringing skilled men and to where? 

Plus, he wonders who would want to harm them? Business competitors? Impossible. His father had none of it since their businesses are clean and legal.

Is Macau keeping him in the dark? Or is he protecting him from the truth?

Either way, it's 10 years' worth of lost memories.

Anything can happen.

If Vegas' demeanour could darken even when he still doesn't remember everything, how much more for Pete and Macau who remembers every detail of it.

For this reason, the vibe in the car became serious. Pete, Macau, and especially, Vegas became wary of their surroundings. Innocent Venice probably felt the tension which caused him to start crying.