CHAPTER 9: Deceived

All day, no one dared to open the door of Vegas' room. Not one soul had the guts to. They only knows one person who can calm the devil out of Vegas:

And it's only Pete.

Despite not being able to hear what's happening inside, they already have a rough idea of it. Nop still managed to make Macau eat, the two however, locked themselves in their own rooms.

He convinced them to at least accept the food but no one lowered their pride. All these made Nop become concerned for them. Especially, to the young master – Macau.

Morning came and Nop and Macau were already at the table. They're still hoping that they'll come out of their rooms.

Macau started to eat glumly, picking his food from time to time and seldom in a trance. But this came to pass when he heard a creak stemming from Pete's room.

He beamed when he saw Pete.

"Phi!" Macau welcomed Pete with a hug. "I'm sorry for yesterday. I'm sorry in behalf of my brother's stupidity. And I'm sorry for raising my voice and being rude. I was just caught up with my emotions–

"It's okay, Macau." Pete caresses Macau's hair.

The younger shakes his head in disagreement when his sight landed on Pete's eyes.

"It's not okay. You cried. You're...sad. Your eyes, their lifeless...You're suffering." Macau pointed out.

Pete can only smile faintly at how observant the kid is. "You know what's going to make me happy?"

Macau's eyes widened. "If Hia regains his memories of you." He answered.

Pete was left speechless for a second. "That's–That's a bit impossible in the mean time." He laughs dryly. "Let's start with something easy, shall we?"

"Then what will make you happy?"

"If you eat your food." Pete pushed Macau back to the table then sat down, himself. He instructed Nop to watch with Venice.

"Tsk. That's a given. I was just slowly eating because I was waiting for you." Macau reasons. He picked the utensils then whispered. "You didn't even eat last night."

"I heard that." Pete chuckled then started eating. "I was full, Macau. You don't have to be such worrywart."

"I don't believe you but what else can I do? It's already passed. Just– continue teaching me today."

"Of course–

"But promise me first that you're not going to leave us." Macau held out his right pinky for Pete.

Pete stared at his hand for a considerable amount of time before slowly reaching out his pinky, as well.

"Mhm." Pete hummed.

"Promise me."

"Promise."

"Keep you word, Phi or else I'm really going to be upset." Macau pouted then he proceeds to eat.

"Mhm." Pete replied before eating as well.

Shortly after their little conversation, Vegas' room creaked open. The young master went straight ahead to the kitchen.

Pete's heart started to beat rapidly. Macau however, is getting pissed at the man approaching them that he started to eat rather fast.

The older, Pete, noticed it and furrowed his brows. He has no idea what became of them to have this tension but one thing's for sure – it's not pleasant.

Suddenly, Macau stood up and excused himself. He even bumped unto his brother on his way. Vegas, instead of getting angry, became worried for Macau.

All while Vegas is occupied with Macau, Pete noticed blood and wound on Vegas' hands. This caused him to click his tongue and leave the table unannounced.