CHAPTER 16: Home

The moment Venice coughed out the water and gained consciousness, though still weak, he opened his eyes slightly to know who rescued him.

His vision is still blurry as he can't focus just yet but when managed to, he can't believe his eyes.

It was just a second but he recognized him right away.

It was Pete.

He's sure of it.

Because, when Venice was capable of understanding and talking, Vegas started to introduce Pete to him.

At first, Venice was confused as to why Pete's not present in the house like Nop, Macau, and Vegas are.

He was baffled why he can only see Pete in pictures.

Regardless, he calls him his 'Papa' while Vegas, 'Dada'. Despite knowing Vegas is his brother, he still considers him as his father. In the case of Pete, Vegas told Venice how Pete treat him like his own son and the story of how significant Pete is to his life.

And who Pete is to Vegas' life.

Venice then one day, while looking at Pete's picture, like he does everday – pointed at it and said 'Papa'.

All of them were surprised since no one taught him that. Vegas then soon asked Venice if he's okay having two fathers to which the younger nodded to.

"Venice is okay with it! Venice wants to see Papa! Venice misses Papa..."

Hearing that, Vegas could only wonder how true it is that you can actually miss someone you've never even met.

Now that he met him, though not in the best circumstances, he understood what his Dada meant.

Pete came like a light when Venice almost drowned in darkness.

Papa is warm.

Venice thought as a lone tear escaped his eyes before he fainted into oblivion.

He knew he was in good hands

He knew he was safe.

Since it's Pete.

That said man noticed his tear and wiped it. "It's okay. You're okay kid." Then helped arrived into the scene and Venice was carried to the clinic. Not long after, Vegas and Nop arrived.

The former mentioned, Vegas, is currently in denial on what Venice just dropped.

"Baby... Venice my son, please calm down okay?" Vegas is aware that Venice is overwhelmed by his emotions and to what just happened. He drew circles in the Venice's back. As he does this, his heart couldn't stop beating rapidly.

He knew Venice wouldn't joke about such matter especially, when he almost drowned at that.

"Dada... It was really Papa! I saw him! He–he–" Venice was gasping for air.

"Okay, okay. Let's breath first... Look at me..." Vegas guided Venice to look at him and they repeatedly did the inhale-exhale exercise until Venice's breathing regulates.