CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Soon after breakfast I call out to the team over the HQ's intercom. "Avengers assemble! Outdoor training ground in 15 minutes."

Loki takes my hands into his and looks into my eyes "This is your moment, darling. Are you OK?"

"Aye, just a bit nervous" I say, and my voice cracks.

Loki hugs me tight and gives me a soft, comforting kiss "You are ready, darling. And I'll be right by your side if you need me." This is actually all I needed to calm down and focus on what I am about to do. Loki's comforting touch and deep, soothing voice always makes me feel better, no matter the circumstances. I nod, smiling at him "Alrighty then... "

All Avengers arrive at the training ground, as I asked them to. Steve's expression tells me that he's not very pleased with being summoned by me "What's this all about, Mattie?"

Looking at the whole team, I started to explain the reason why I wanted everyone to gather here. "Well, I've been training with Loki for the past few weeks and now we would like to show you the results."

Tony lets out a sarcastic chuckle "Oh god, are you pregnant?"

Laughing at him, I smirk "No, Tony. Well, not yet, anyway. We've managed to give my powers... let's say... a minor upgrade. A quite useful one, if I may add."

Tony seems intrigued "Is that so? In which way?"

"The core of my powers is still the same - I FEEL it ALL. But the rest calls for a demonstration, I think." I invite them to the middle of the training ground to get a safe distance from the building. Just in case.

My emotions are all over the place now. I'm excited to show them what I can do, but on the other hand, I'm quite worried about their reactions. Well, about Thor's and Tony's, to be precise. And not to forget, not even Loki knows everything yet.

I take a deep breath in, then start to explain. "Well, here's the story - about those who helped me become a better version of myself." I start pacing around, while the attention of the whole team is on me, they listen to every word I say.

"It all started with Heimdall and Tony who showed me that I can turn, what seemed like a curse at a first sight, into my strongest advantage. So, let me show you the genius who helped with the right mind-set..."

And in that moment I shapeshift into Tony. "Woah, I love how your brain works. In a way, similar as mine, yet there's something... Amazing!" Pointing a finger at him, I narrow my eyes. "But you really need to meditate more, Tinman."

Tony looks in shock at me, but he soon snaps out of it. "Don't mess with my brain, kiddo!"

I change back to my original form and continue. "Bruce, your anger management was more than helpful in this process."

I look around to make sure there's nothing in the way. "I give you Code Green and the angriest one" I shout and change into Hulk.

Panic is written all over Bruce's face "Stay calm, Mattie. Nat, lullaby!" Not to scare him too much, I hurry to change back and take a bow, while the rest of the team laughs at Bruce, who's still processing what just happened.

I wink at him and continue. "Thanks to Dr. Strange and Wanda I can compartmentalize the feelings that get to me. I present to you the mystic duo." Swiftly I shift into Wanda and immediately afterwards into Stephen. I look at my hands in wonder as I wave with them through the air as they usually do, forming some energy balls and other shapes. "These are very practical" I say admiringly.

Changing back again, I look over my shoulder. "And let's not forget the man whose focus is undeniable..." I say while changing my form again. "Clint, how about this element of surprise, huh?" I chuckle.