Chapter 10 - A tiny situation

I yawned, stretching my whole body. I had just put off my alarm. It was 7 o'clock and my work day started at 8. 

I knew that some people would only say this to a tired child, but yesterday was an exhausting and new experience and it was no wonder I was so tired. There was a time when I didn't even admit it to myself and suffered the consequences in silence. Blaming it on myself. A small voice in my head still tried to.

I got up and opened the deep blue curtains. Closing them immediately after. Today was a sunny day, it seemed. 

Instead I put the lights on and headed to my bathroom. It wasn't big, but it was more than functioning. It had a bathtub with a shower, and a toilet, a mirror cabinet and a sink.

After I had brushed my teeth I put on some mascara and brushed my hair, not thinking more about my appearance. 

Plain black skirt and a simple sweatshirt was my outfit for the day. Hopefully I didn't have to wear it much. I wanted to get some experience in the streets. 

I ate breakfast in the same cafeteria we had eaten yesterday with Kuro. Though now I couldn't find her. I had told her that we would eat here in the morning too and she assured she knew the way. 

Maybe she had eaten already. 

With that I bypassed the buffet with my plate and found a seat by a window. I liked to be able to look outside when I ate alone. And with others, too, if I was being honest. 

Some days just were different. Those days showed me how I would still be punished of, well, whatever I had done. Today seemed to be one of those days. 

Because even after eating a delicious breakfast I was feeling empty and even more tired, if possible. 

The few people I walked past as I returned my dishes smiled at me. I smiled back. I bowed and thanked the woman behind the desk where I left my plate. 

The air I was breathing somehow felt 50% less like air. I tried to smile as I opened the doors to Water Lily's main workspace. 

As I had been hoping, Kuro was already there. Though mom wasn't anywhere to be seen. 

"Good morning", I said to everyone. 

"Neri-san!" Kuro greeted. 

"Where's Water Lily?"

"She is waiting for us in the front door. She left me to wait here for you."

I looked at the huge clock on the wall above mom's office room. It was already 8.15. I guessed I were a little too much in my own thoughts this morning. "Sorry."

"It's alright. Let's go."

On the way down and to the elevator I noticed that Kuro seemed happier than yesterday, more energetic. And I probably looked like a sad ghost. 

"Did you sleep well?"

The elevator made a 'bling' sound as the doors opened. "Yeah", I responded bluntly.

"Okay", Kuro said quietly. I wondered if I was being rude, but I kinda didn't want ro do anything about it right now. 

"Good morning", a polite voice heard as we walked towards the front door. It came behind the front desk. 

 Kuro said the same thing back and I looked at the owner of the familiar voice. It was the idiot from yesterday. I turned my face away. I really wanted to say something sassy to him, but couldn't find the energy. 

"Hurry!" mom yelled, peeping out of the doors.

I shook away from my thoughts and ran outside. 

"What is it", I asked.