Chapter 27 - Good news, bad news

This time I woke up in the same room as Katsuki. The bar was full again and the tv was on. The woman was talking about something, but it took me a while to catch up. I felt a sting in my heart when I realized she was telling us about a press conference UA was holding later today.

This- This was our fault. If we hadn't been taken this would be just another big news, not a national case of distrust. It was unbelievable how people were always blaming the heroes, and not the villains who were the cause of everything. And if I took my personal beliefs into account, they, the public, the society, had failed the villains first, and blindly assumed heroes would take care of their mistakes.

Katsuki wasn't exactly looking at the tv, but I could tell he was listening closely. He noticed me move and gave me a look. For the first time in my life I had no idea what he was trying to say. My brain was clouded by confusion, fear, guilt and sleep. I just looked at his face. A face I hadn't looked closely unless I really had to, but still one I knew better than my own pockets.

"You see how the public is angry?" Shigaraki mumbled. "The heroes must be so confused. A small group of villains managed to shame the UA high school" he almost laughed. I gritted my teeth. We knew how bad the situation was. I bet they were looking for us right this moment. Was mom looking as well? Had they let her? I know it was a risk, but I couldn't imagine mom sitting alone at home, waiting. Maybe she was with the Bakugo's. At least now she didn't have to worry about my loneliness.

"Ne, Bakugo-kun?"

Katsuki just spat in his direction and he let out a little laugh. I knew Katsuki hated this, hated that they thought of him that way. But I wasn't and I didn't like them bullying him, "Am I gonna get ignored again?" I got scared of my own voice being so loud. I could still feel Toga's hands on my scarred arm, Dabi's blue flames from hell. But we needed to get out of here, and maybe, just maybe, I could make them trust me enough to at least give me some proper hydration. At this point I didn't think I could even make any water, nor collect it; the air wasn't humid enough and most of the drinks were mostly ethanol. Katsuki's palms were covered.

I assumed that behind that hand Shigaraki was now looking at me. "What?"

"Is it because I'm a girl? Trust me, if it did any good for me, I would gladly join your little... movement here. But I'm not a fan of child abuse and murder", I flashed him a small smile. I really was digging my own grave, wasn't I?

"What do you mean?"

"I'm a rich, selfish hero, remember. Unfortunately you can't offer me my dream job, nor a safe future. I really am sorry. I find your cause important. I'm just sorry you couldn't go to therapy. Any of you." Yup, I was gonna die here and maybe it was fine. But I trusted the fact that most people, even villains, wouldn't be okay with them murdering a child. Or I hoped so. 

"Why is she here?" Shigaraki asked.

"She has some interesting thoughts", the lizard man said. 

Shigaraki turned to look at Dabi. He lift his hands up in defense, "I'm not a babysitter."

They began arguing, if that's what you could call it. More like changing opinions. 

I focused on my breathing. If the situation was anything else, I didn't think I could've sat there, tied up, silent, for as long as I did. After some time the villains started asking us questions about UA, All might, other students. We both stayed silent, though I had a strong urge to tease them and act like a soon-to-be dead person. I wouldn't tell them a thing, but it would be interesting to see if they'd actually believe the lies I would've told. 

After Shigaraki stopped asking questions, the room started to feel really anxious. The silence was heavy and all of my worries came flushing to my mind. What if we would never get out of here?