Chapter 6

Samurai gulped in the face of his enemy pokemon, magcargo a pokemon not in a million years that brock would have this pokemon. However he refused to stand down, ledyba reassures him that she'd like to at least try to fight. In hopes brocks last pokemon will be less impressive as magcargo, his only chance for victory it using Supersonic and slowly degenerate brocks magcargo before finishing the battle with his crustle.

Ordering ledyba to do supersonic, ledyba releases a high pitch sound aimed at magcargo which did seem to affect marcargo, any attack that marcargo did shoot out ledyba was able to dodge, even some of the embers consuming its own body dealing damage to itself for the next 30 or so seconds ledyba being completely in the defensive couldn't find a way to charge her attacks without the risk of marcargo's attacks hitting her, right now it was a stalemate but shroom knew once marcargo had broken out his confusion he'd be forced to use super sonic again and he knee using the same twice on a pokemon gym leader is good way to fail, however if it did hit now it'll be a war of nutrition. Brock realizing that the battle will be more trouble that it was worth had told his pokemon to do a move called earth power not rather than concentrating it just increase the surface area. The ground below the trainers feet begins to shake as earth in the battle arena begins to erupt, earth and dirt consume ledyba and magcargo who at the last second performed harden, able to block of the damage while out of sheer surprise ledyba was completely hit. The two pokemon seemingly burried into the ground, marcargo was the first to recover slinding out of the small hole the pokemon created now completely unfazed from the state of confusion he was experiencing. Ledyba was no where to be seen, everyone holds there breathe brock smiling knowing what was gonna happen.

"End this match now, nobody wants to see your ledyba more injured than she's already hurt".

Shroom was about to talk when movement was seen from a pile of dirt ledyba had flew out from ground completely uninjured. Brock continues to smile as his plan had worked.

Ash yelled in excitement "get him shroom, ledyba didn't even take any damage from the attack your going down".

"You clearly have no idea what happened, shroom do you".

The match stopped as brock wanted the answer, shroom thought but couldn't get the answer, until a realization had come to him.

"Earth power is a ground type move so he wouldn't hurt ledyba, brock knew this but just wanted to buy time for his marcargo to get of confusion while exhausting ledyba at the same having to climb out of the dirt".

Ash was amazed but also terrified of what brock had in stock for him after shrooms fight, ledyba was tired from the earth power but she couldn't stand back not now.

"Alright, ledyba use swift".

Ledyba produced golden stars throwing it at marcargo, who tanked all the attack having only the smallest of bruise on its body, marcargo opened his mouth a gaseous ball of poison fired from his mouth. Ledyba couldn't dodge the vapour the balls excreted inhaling the poison dealing internal damage to her on the verge of being inflicted by the poison condition but she fought the smog. Brock complimented ledyba's fighting spirit and gave an order to use rock throw, marcago consumed the rocky terrain, inside its body the rocks and stones moved towards the pokemons chest shooting it out at intense speed from its viscous form at ledyba. Ledyba did dodge the the multiple shards of rocks however only for ledyba to faint as the rocks that she had dodged had been pinned back towards her smashing into ledyba's back hitting a rock that caused the attack to he redirected towards ledyba. Brock knew that marcargos attacks were slow so needed to use strategy to be able to win the battle as fast as possible.

"Enter your next pokemon or leave the gym" brock commented.

Shroom returned ledyba saying to the pokeball "you did great ledyba", taking out crustle ball he released him.