CHAPTER THREE

I exhale out loudly before opening my eyes and looking around. This man is nowhere to be seen. My ass is on fire and I don’t think I will be able to sit or walk properly the whole day. When we talk about fucking, we are talking about Lethinhlahla Khambule. My God, I have never been made to submit that way in my life before. The man had me screaming like a baby the whole night. I am not someone who cares about people’s opinions but after last night, I am a bit ashamed to show my face outside. I feel like people are going to see right through me.

I turn my head to the right and I catch the sight of a black card in the bedside table. Did he leave another note like last night? I stretch my hand and pick it up. Holy shit. I internally scream when I see that it’s actually his black card. It is written Mr. L. T. Khambule. There is also a note next to where the card was at.

‘Spoil yourself. There is no limit. The pin is 60841.’

Shut the front door. Was my performance that impressive? But why didn’t he leave his contact details? He said he knew everything about me, yet I don’t know a single thing about him, well except for his name. Maybe I should Google him or something, but now I have to utilize this black card. I already have a few things in mind that I wanna buy. I jump off the bed. The pain in my butthole has miraculously disappeared. That’s the power of money, it can heal all minor pains. I strut to the bathroom while swinging my ass from side to side and singing.

‘Birds flying high
You know how I feel
Sun in the sky
You know how I feel
Breeze driftin’ on by
You know how I feel

It’s a new dawn
It’s a new day
It’s a new life
For me

And I am feeling good…’

As soon as I have changed into new clothes at my house, I sit down and think of somebody I can spend this money with. Futhy, no. that one is a nursing mother and she is 3 hours away from me. Danny, that one is in his second honeymoon. One of my siblings or cousins, they will come here with their negative energy and say I am rubbing off my happiness on their faces. I literally have nobody I can call. I scroll down people’s WhatsApp statuses and I see that Thando, Futhy’s younger sister, is in town. Well I have never bonded with her but there is always a first time for everything. I hit her up and she agrees to meet up.

Moments later I watch as she walk up to me in the mall entrance. She is dressed to kill and I swear to God I have never seen what she is wearing anywhere before. Perks of being a fashion designer. That automatically makes you a trendsetter.

“Hello love.” she smiles as she makes her way to me. We share a hug and I take out my glasses just to stare at her until she laughs. “Don’t do that.” she says shyly and I chuckle.

“Why the heck am I bothering going shopping when I can just give you money and have you design my clothes? Unique clothes that no one has ever worn.” She laughs.
“I am on leave. I have been working so much since the year began. So I am just chilling for these few weeks. If inspiration strikes, I will sketch on my notepad but that’s all. No touching the sewing machine, fabrics, patterns or pins.”

I snort. “Okay then. For now you are my personal stylist. You are just going to advise me on a few outfits.”
“Few? I find that hard to believe with you, Lindsay.” I laugh as we make our way inside the mall.
“Aren’t you going to be designing Sthuli’s 2nd birthday dress?” she rolls her eyes.

“Sis Lee is not that picky or choosy. If I were to come with a nice dress from Woolies, she would accept it with no doubts.”
“But I am sure Noma would say otherwise.” She groans.
“Yuh, that one. She is the worst. But I am just glad that she always pay me upfront and a bonus on each design. She has actually hired me to design a dress which she will be wearing at a wedding of some princess in Niger.”