CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Today is finally my housewarming and I am excited about it. The event only starts at two but I have to be around my house as the people set up everything. I know I am a people’s person but sometimes I don’t feel comfortable with people moving up and down in my space. I know I have no expensive art, as Lethi rudely pointed out, but people can steal and sell everything these days. Amaphara are the most convincing sales people. They can make you buy something that you don’t need because they have a tongue. They will convince you to buy printer ink cartridge while you don’t even own the 2 in 1 printer.

Getting up, I clean my bedroom before bathing and dressing up in a green floral print ombre shirt and green shorts. I hear the intercom buzzing as I descend the stairs. That must be the magical twins. Last night when we talked, they told me they would be here first thing in the morning. After checking the monitor, I open for them and go open the front door. I wait for them there as they drive in. Two trucks are behind them. The twins are in an SUV. They climb off the car and walk towards me.

“Lindsay, how are you doing?” Dakota greets me with a smile and a hug.
“Hey darling.” Londeka also greets me. “Congratulations on your nuptials. I saw the pictures. You and your husband looked stunning and adorable.” Londeka got married a month ago and her wedding was beautiful. But it’s surprise because the girl is a planner. I am sure she was a bridezilla, wanting everything to be perfect from the beginning till the end.

“Thank you very much.” She smiles.
“I am glad that a person gets married once because I am never going through that again.” Dakota fans herself and Londy laughs. She mouths ‘Drama’ to me and I just chuckle.
“So your day is finally here. We can chat as we work. Please show us the way to the backyard.” Londy states In a professional voice.

“You can take the indoor shortcut or the long way around just following the pavement to the back. Is there anything you are going to need me for?”
“Your kitchen.” A very beautiful curvy woman states, as she comes to where we are. She is dressed in a chef coat. “I’m Chef Azania Mthombeni.” Shut the front door. There is only one Chef Azania Mthombeni and that’s Mfihlo Mthombeni’s wife, the billionaire.
“You got me a celebrity chef?” I ask, shocked to the core. She giggles.

“I am hardly a celebrity chef. I just overheard them talking at a supermarket and I offered my services. It’s my first time cooking in a Durban event, so I hope to impress the Durbanites.” She is so pretty. I literally can’t get over how she looks. “Also, I hope you don’t mind. My husband will be stopping by to bring some things I need for desert.”

“I don’t mind. You’re just so beautiful.”
She blushes. “I get that a lot. Thank you. You have a lovely home. So which way is the kitchen?”

I snap out of it and start showing people around. Chef Azania is here with four assistants. I can’t wait to taste her food. Seeing that my kitchen is about to get occupied, I guess I will have to order breakfast. As I settle in the lounge after placing my order, a text message from Lethi comes in.

‘Good luck for today. I hope everything goes well. Love you.’

That’s so sweet. I wonder what I did in my past life to deserve such a man. God am I lucky. I stand up and head to the backyard. It’s still early but I can see the set up coming along. The intercom rings and I open the gate. Food. I am starving. As I go wait for the scooter in the driveway, I see a car driving behind it. I wonder who it is. Anyways the Mr. D food guy gives me my paper bag and I pay him. He drives away. My lips transform into a wide smile when I see the person in the car and I just start screaming.

“FRIEND!” He laughs as he walks closer to me.
“I had to come here early just to see you and the house. I missed you.” He hugs me tightly and I reciprocate the hug. It feels like ages since I last saw him.
“I’m glad you’re here. Where is your Afrikan man?”