CHAPTER SIX

Just as we are concluding cooking, we hear the brood coming before they enter the house. Futhy sighs.

“I really need a holiday like this every once in a while. I love them so much but being away from them for a few hours is refreshing.” She states and I chuckle.

“You’re the one who decided to open your chubby legs for a Zulu prince. Now deal with the consequences.” I muse and she laughs.
“Fuck you.” she hits me in the chest and I gasp.
“Ouch.”

“There goes my chubby punch.” She sticks her tongue out childishly and I laugh. I am glad I always have an overnight bag in my car ready for a sleepover because I would be forced to go buy an outfit for tomorrow. I’m not the kind that repeats clothes for no reason.

“Okay, troop. When we get there, allow me to hug my wife first then you can crowd her afterwards.” I hear Kuhle addressing the kids and I can’t help the laugh that escapes my lips. There is a little possibility of the kids listening to him. They always go crazy when they reunite with Futhy. It’s like they haven’t seen her for ages.

“YES SIR!” The troop responds and Futhy laughs. A few moments later the kitchen gets crowded with her troop. There is also Sthulikazi, Lee’s daughter and MaMolefe’s twins. I scream when I see them.
“How did you manage to get those two out of the house?” Futhy asks the question in my mind.

“Hey baby.” Kuhle smiles, walking to Futhy but he is not fast enough because Zobuhle and Amahle reach Futhy first, hugging her tightly and start telling her about how their day was. “Guys, and then?” Kuhle asks and we all laugh. He looks so helpless. “Let me just hug Aunt Lindsay then.” He says advancing to me and they also beat him to that. They hug me and start asking me when I got here and all other inaudible questions from the toddler Zobuhle. Kuhle walks to his wife and hugs her, placing a child-friendly kiss on her lips.

“How are you? When did you get here? What did you bring for me?” Amahle is the only one audible. I chuckle, picking up Zobuhle who smiles widely.
“I am fine, darling. I got here during the day and your gifts are in the playroom.” I answer all her questions and she squeals.

“Yay!” she screams before hugging Futhy and rushing out of the kitchen. I converse with Zobuhle a little before letting her go and I greet the forever shy Sthulikazi. Zobuhle screams when Manelisi makes his way inside the kitchen. They share a cute toddler hug and before they walk out, Zobuhle take Sthuli by the hand and the trio walks out.

“How are you, Lindsay?” Kuhle asks after hugging me.
“I am fine.”
“You look heartbroken. Who should I kill?” he enquires and Futhy pushes him out of the kitchen.
“You’re being nosy.” She murmurs and Kuhle laughs.

“What did you cook?” he asks, holding on to the doorway. Futhy puts all effort on pushing him out but he just smirks at her. “Whoever told you that being chubby means you’re strong lied to you, my love.” he picks her up and she squeals.

“Put me down.” She states already giggling.
“I will bring her back soon.” Kuhle says looking at me and he walks away with his wife. I wave at the babies in their car seats and their nannies take them away.

I sigh, leaning on the kitchen counter. I am sure Lethi is having the time of his life with his family like this. Fuck. Why am I even thinking about him? Silly me for developing feelings for the mystery guy who has never even given me his number. I should be admitted to a mental institution straight. I sit on the bar stool and think of the perfect revenge that will bruise his ego. I won’t do something that might break up his family but I also want to show him that he messed with the wrong girl. He can’t just break my fragile heart and think everything is okay.

The next morning after breakfast the kids head to the garden to play. I sit with Futhy on the patio just watching them.

“I think I have feelings for him.” I mumble and Futhy quickly turns her head to look at me. “It’s crazy, right?”
She shakes her head. “It’s not. I totally understand. Now what makes you think that?”

“The first and last time he came to my apartment, he was super chilled Futhy and we actually bonded. We shared laughter and he made my heart flutter. I came alive. I have never felt that way with another man. That’s why I think it’s insane.”

She sighs. “When I first met Kuhle, I was in a stage of puff and pass. I will admit this to you. My break up with Sabelo really broke my heart and left my confidence shuttered. When a man leaves you for a slimmer woman, you can’t help but blame yourself for it. Yeah, sure it was arranged and shit but truth remains, his wife had a supermodel body while I was a plus size. So that really hurt me. When I saw Kuhle I was like I would love to fuck that and pass but when he showed genuine interest in me, somehow my confidence was fully restored. What I am trying to say is that, had I not shielded myself from feelings, I would’ve fallen for Kuhle on your first date and maybe I did but I was too ignorant.”

“You love story deserves a TV series.” She chuckles.
“If only we weren’t royals, we would be swimming in showbiz money.” We both laugh.
“Anyways, I will be leaving before 3pm.” I announce and she scoffs.

“Whatever, but it was nice having you around. I can’t wait for the annual couples’ retreat. Maybe you will bring Mr. Lethinhlahla as your plus one.” She teases and I roll my eyes.
“I am done with that guy. I am never going to entertain him.”
“Never say never doll.”

“Is there something that I should know about?” I ask and she shrugs, turning her attention to the kids. “You’re being shady.” She snorts giving me a sly smile. This woman. As we are chatting, Nonkosi walks to the patio with a tab on her arm. I know she is here for work.
“Hello ladies.” She greets and sits next to Futhy.
“Can this not be about work?” Futhy pleads with a groan.

“I am the worst, I know but I am only doing what I am paid for. Anyways, I am not accounting expert but I found some interesting gaps on the company’s books.” That interests Futhy because she sits up. “Okay. I am not the one who found gaps but I am sleeping with Saneliso from accounting.”
“You silly girl.” I state and she laughs.

“Aibo, a girl has to get laid.” She pouts and we laugh at her. “Anyways, Saneliso let it slip during pillow talk that he suspects that someone is stealing from the company. Then he said some terms which I couldn’t understand but I believe that the culprit has stolen more than R100 000.” Futhy gasps and takes the tablet from Nonkosi. She taps on it for a few moments and hands it back to Nonkosi. She huffs and stands up. Kuhle chooses that moment to walk out of the house with one of the four cousins on his arms.

“Babe, did you know about someone stealing from DCC?” she asks.
“Yeah.” Kuhle answers, unbothered and Futhy frowns, standing up.
“Aibo, let me get this straight. Some people have been stealing from me and you didn’t tell me. Why? And how much have they stolen?” – Futhy.

“About R1.2million.” we all gasp. That much? Who in their right minds would steal that much money? “Relax sthandwa Sami. He programmed the money to go to an offshore account and we changed its’ direction. When it gets into this account, the money is immediately transferred to Lisa’s offshore account but that doesn’t show in his statement. To him, the amount is increasing but in fact, the account has nothing. There is enough evidence in my account to get him, no, them, locked up. It’s Lethinkosi Mathenjwa and Camilla Smith.” Futhy just walks away.

“Shall I do something about this information, bhuty?” Nonkosi asks.
“We will wait for my wife to say something. If he wants them arrested, I will give you all the proof I have and you will submit it to Detective Ncebakazi Shabangu.” He answers. “Let me quickly check on my wife.” He walks away.
“I always knew Camilla Smith was crooked and wicked. I actually read an article about her being accused of fraud and nepotism in a company she worked at.” I state and Nonkosi looks at me.

“Which company is this?”
“Trails Corp.”
“I will do my research on that. When are you going back to Durban?”
“Later this evening.” Her phone beeps and she checks it.
“I need to bounce. Say bye to the boss for me.” she heads to the kids and play with them for a few moments before bidding farewell.

Nonkosi and Saneliso, huh? Now that’s a combination I didn’t see coming. I guess the guy is too dull and too much of a nerd for my liking. But I guess Nonkosi is taken by that. I wonder how this is going to pan out.