I: The Triwizard Tournament

"You'd better watch out, Wang

"You'd better watch out, Wang. Gryffindor may have won the Quidditch cup last year, but Hufflepuff is going to sweep the floor with you this year," Lisa Manoban crowed as she sat on a stone wall in the Hogwarts courtyard. Her shirtsleeves were pushed up to her elbows, and her Hufflepuff tie hung loosely around her neck as she passed a quaffle back and forth between her hands, fixing her best friend Jackson Wang with a challenging grin.

Jackson Wang, the broad-shouldered Gryffindor Keeper and new quidditch captain, scoffed incredulously and reached out to snatch the quaffle, but Lisa snapped her wrist up, catching it above her head on an upturned palm.

"I clocked at least two-hundred miles on my broom, two hours of shooting practice, one hour of cardio, and one hour of strength training, every day, all summer. And on my rest days, I studied maneuvers and devised top secret strategies for my team. This is going to be our year," she declared proudly and gazed off into the distance, and the image of the Hufflepuff team holding the Quidditch cup high above their heads swam before her eyes. "Meanwhile," she continued with a smirk, breaking her own reverie, "I'm afraid to tell you that your star beater spent most of her summer making goo-goo eyes at her new girlfriend, lazing around and getting all kinds of soft," she teased and reached over to give her adoptive sister's stomach a poke.

"I didn't want to say anything," Jackson said, "but you do seem to have let yourself go a little, Jisoo."

"Hey!" Jisoo protested indignantly, swatting Lisa's hand away. "It's called being happy. You two shmucks should try it sometime," Jisoo scowled, completely missing the awkward glance Jackson and Lisa exchanged. Because Jisoo definitely didn't know about how Lisa had tried to kiss Jackson at the end of term party last year, but Jackson had rejected her, saying that they were better off as just friends...and that he was interested in Minnie.

In fact, Lisa was pretty determined to die with that secret.

"Besides," Jisoo continued obliviously, "I don't need to train like a crazy person. Everyone knows the mark of an excellent beater, like myself, is in The Fury. You can't train The Fury. Either you have it, or you don't," Jisoo said with a confident nod.

Lisa quirked an eyebrow, and was about to say something about how she'd heard Rosé call her many things (babe, shnookums, honey bee, to list a few), but 'The Fury' had never been one of those things. However, what was sure to have been a severe burn was interrupted by a short, panting Ravenclaw jogging up to them with frantically waving hands.

Kyungsoo Doh skidded to a halt in front of them, bracing his hands on his knees as his back arched with each breath. "This is why I don't do cardio," he gasped and tilted his head up to meet three perplexed looks. "Guys. Guys, come on, you've got to come see this. Follow me! Oh, Merlin, more running," he groaned and turned on his heel to jog away. Realising no one was following, he spun on his heel to fix them with an impatient scowl. "Come on, guys! You know I don't run for no reason!"