XV: Kims and Thais

February bled into March, then sped into April which disappeared in what felt like an instant

February bled into March, then sped into April which disappeared in what felt like an instant. Hogwarts thawed, and came alive. Snow melted off the trees, leaves grew back on their branches, and flowers burst open across the grounds.

Lisa broke her scoring streak during quidditch practice, passed her apparition test on the fourth try, failed a potions project, slaved over a cauldron for nine hours straight to make up for it, broke Jisoo's telescope, did Jisoo's Charms homework for a week to say sorry, tried (and failed) to teach Jennie how to ride a broomstick by herself, snuck into Hogsmeade with the Superfriends via the one-eyed-witch's tunnel for a pancake eating challenge at The Three Broomsticks (and won), and properly felt like a relatively normal student for the first time all year.

Even things with Hanbin were on the up and up. He started joining them occasionally during meals and for study sessions, they had two more game nights (a round of Wizardopoly that ended with Kyungsoo flipping the board when Hanbin bankrupted him in one go saw that game banned from all future game nights), and he joined Lisa, Jackson, Bambam, Jisoo, Rosé and Jongin for some friendly casual quidditch practice every now and then.

That being said, he did spend a lot of time on his own, working on some project or another that he was all very hush hush about. It worked out alright though; it gave Jennie space to be her own person, to pursue her own interests.

One evening, Lisa walked in on Jennie at their table in the library, poring over a stack of papers with a look of intense concentration on her face. It was the look that had made Lisa fall for her at the start of the year, really: brow furrowed, lips pinched to one side. Lisa melted a little when she saw it, and sank down into the seat next to Jennie, where she hooked her chin over her shoulder.

"Whatcha got there?"

Jennie finished the sentence she was writing before she answered. "It's an application...for an internship program at St Mungo's Hospital."

"Really?"

"Mmhm," Jennie hummed and filled out another box. Her long eagle-feather quill batted Lisa in the face as she wrote. "Everyone has always just assumed I would work at Kim Corp after graduation, but I don't know. There's a whole world outside of my family; I have so many options I haven't considered."

Lisa smiled warmly, tracing circles over the small of Jennie's back. "You can be anything you want to be. St Mungo's would be lucky to have you," she said. In the back of her mind, she was thinking about how St Mungo's was just around the corner from the Holyhead Harpies' training ground, which, if everything went according to plan at the quidditch match, would be where Lisa would be heading after Hogwarts.

Jennie smiled and turned her head to peck the tip of Lisa's nose. "Plus, it would make Ye-ji furious," she added cheerily.

All in all, things were pretty great.

And they got even better when Ye-ji had to fly back to Beauxbatons for a little while to take care of some important matter or another.

Lisa had never seen Jennie so carefree. She was practically skipping into the great hall on a Saturday morning during breakfast, making Lisa miss her mouth with a forkful of waffles as she flung her arms around Lisa's neck from behind and her face appeared on Lisa's shoulder.