IV: Flying before Walking

In the weeks after the announcement, it seemed that the Triwizard Tournament was all the entire school could think or talk about

In the weeks after the announcement, it seemed that the Triwizard Tournament was all the entire school could think or talk about. Excitement mounted as, day by day, more names were thrust into the goblet's blue flames.

Lisa patted Bambam on the back as he came away from the goblet with a toothy grin stretched across his face.

"I've got to give it a shot, right?" he said hopefully, and Lisa beamed in response as she munched on an apple. Jisoo flopped into the seat next to Lisa, eying the goblet strangely.

"Thinking of entering?" Lisa asked and Jisoo shook her head firmly.

"No way. People die doing this thing, did you know that? I have a family to think about."

Lisa grinned slyly. "You and Rosé moving that quick, huh?"

Jisoo rolled her eyes and gave Lisa a shove. "No, dumbass. I'm talking about you. You'd be lost without me, wouldn't you?"

Lisa chuckled and tucked herself into her sister's side. "Of course I would be; you know that."

Jisoo sighed and wrapped her arm around Lisa's shoulders, giving them a squeeze as she gave the goblet in front of them a wary look. "You're not thinking of entering, right?"

"You know, for a Gryffindor, you sure are a worry wart."

Jisoo scoffed. "Being a Gryffindor doesn't mean throwing yourself into danger at every opportunity, you know," she said defensively.

"I know," Lisa said with an affectionate grin as she leaned her head against Jisoo's shoulder. "You're the bravest person I know, Soo."

It was true: Jisoo had been her fiercest protector ever since she came to live with the Manoban as a young girl. When the dreams of fire and smoke and screams woke Lisa in the middle of the night, Jisoo was always there in an instant, and she would hold her and run her fingers through her hair until she was able to eventually fall back asJenp. To this day, Lisa had no idea how Jisoo always seemed to be there the second she needed her, but it was some kind of magic for which Lisa was infinitely grateful.

Jisoo sighed and rested her head on Lisa's, biting her lip as she looked up at the goblet. "Seriously, though. Are you?"

Lisa followed her sister's gaze to the goblet. She became lost in the flames for a moment, before she felt her stomach twist uncomfortably and she pulled her eyes away.

"No, Soo, you don't need to worry," she promised softly. "I'd rather watch whoever the champion is battle their way to infinite glory, or whatever...Besides, I'm far too busy organising this inter-school quidditch tournament for Professor Hwang." Lisa indicated the roll of parchment she was working on in front of her. It was a flyer she had designed to promote tryouts for the school team. Naturally, not all of the quidditch players in the school could play on the Hogwarts team, so they would have to hold tryouts to select the best of the best.