𝑬𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝑵𝒂𝒌𝒖𝒍𝒑𝒖𝒕𝒓𝒂 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒌𝒂

The camp was dim in light with some diyas providing light for the whole camp

The camp was dim in light with some diyas providing light for the whole camp. There were 3 beds in the tent with Prativindhya and Sutsom sleeping on one of them; Shrutkarm, Shatanika, and Shrutsen sleeping on another then near them Suthanu was sleeping on the double bed. All of them were peaceful sleeping with no traces of worry as the war had ended. Yes, they lost their brothers who attained martyrdom but now everything was peaceful, or was it?

Aswathamma entered the tent with an evil smirk adorning his face. He went and emptied the vial into suthanu's mouth. Due to her deep slumber and Ashwatthama sneaking techniques, she couldn't figure it out and subconsciously gulped the liquid. As his work was done with the Pandavputri, he moved towards Prativindhya-the eldest heir of the Pandavas. Intending to kill him, Dronaputra swung the sword directly toward Prativindhya's chest. But the sword hit something else. He looked up to find a shield that a soldier had thrown to stop the sword.

Frustrated Aswathamma went and killed the brave soldier who saved the life of the future Yuvraj by stabbing him in his torso.

The clanking sound of a sword crashing with a shield resonated throughout the tent waking up the Draupadinandans. As they saw Aswathamma standing with a sword with blood trickling down and an evil smirk planted on his face. Quickly they took charge as Prativindhya along with Sutsom and Shrutkarma grabbed their weapons and covered the younger PandavKuldeepaks. Shatanika and Shrutsen quickly woke the Pandavnandini from her slumber and surrounded her. As she woke up, she found a weird taste in her mouth but it escaped her mind when she saw her brothers guarding her with Aswathamma standing near the entrance. She could see the hatred and disgust-filled eyes staring at them strongly.

Shatanika's Pov

I woke up to the loud sound of a sword striking a shield. I became alert when I saw Drauni standing with a sword in his hand. Jyesth signed us to wake Suthanu. I woke her up quickly and guarded her along with Shrutsen.

Jyesth took 2 steps forward when Bhrata Kirti cautioned him. I heard Suthanu's whisper to which I turned my head backward, "Bhratashree, tell Jyesth to not go any closer. Ask him to be extremely alert. I don't find Dronaputra's intentions right, see even his face shows the tint of evilness"

Suthanu was right. Even I saw the evil smirk planted on his face along with the anger-filled eyes boring holes in us. It seemed he came for revenge, for blood. That's when I heard Jyesth asking him "Maharathi Ashwatthama, for what reason you barged into our camp without any permission? And what was the reason for killing the poor soldier? What is your intention behind it?"

For a moment I thought that if Jyesth has lost his mind. Like seriously he was asking an intruder who has clear hatred on his face with a blood-trickling sword. Later on, I understood that Jyesth was testing if the Drauni came for what he was thinking or if the soldier did something wrong due to which he was killed. But Jyesth was totally wrong.

As soon as Jyesth said those words Ashwatthama's eyes flared up as he summoned his bow and chanted a mantra. In an instant, a glowing arrow appeared which he then pointed toward Jyesth.

Bhrata Kirti took a sword and placed it on his neck along with Bhrata Sutsom who did the same. Jyesth took 2 steps backward that's when I heard the sound of panting. Swiftly I turned to see a distressed Suthanu whose body had become pale. She was breathing heavily and panting while Shrutsen looked after her. "Thanu wh.." I couldn't speak anymore.

I stumbled a few steps back and fell on the ground as an arrow hit me with force. An excruciating pain reverberated through his chest as blood gushed down and soaked his blue angavastra into a darker shade of purple and red. "BHRATASHREE" "SHATANIKA" "BHRATA SHAT" I heard many screams but my mind became numb to capture them as the pain made my body shake and tremble. I saw Shrutsen leaving the camp. My vision blurred and dark spots danced in my vision as I saw Suthanu crouching near me "Bhratashree stay. Don't close your eyes. Bhrata sen has gone to ask for help. Stay with me Bhrata. Bhratashree"

My mind was playing with pictures and memories as I saw my various memories. Every breath I was taking was like a ball of fire in my windpipe. I knew it was my time to leave. I held Jyesth's palm as I uttered my last words "Jyesth, tell Mata not to cry and also reveal to Thanu that I know her secret. Take care Jyesth. Mata" My last breath left my body as everything became black.

Prativindhya's POV

I heard Suthanu Wheezing and panting but I couldn't turn to face my sister as I was facing the enemy. I already knew that Aswathamma was not here with good intentions as I saw a closed vial with 2 drops of blue liquid left in it tied to his waistband. He carried a sword with blood-trickling down.

That's when Aswathamma aimed at me with his bow. Kirti and Som quickly put their weapons near his neck. I gestured for him to put his weapon down but he did something not expected.

He shot the arrow toward the unarmed Shatanika who was helping Suthanu and trying to soothe her. My mind went blank for a moment as I saw my Lil brother falling on the ground clutching his chest. I screamed his name "Shatanika".

I quickly gestured for my youngest brother Sen to run and find help. Crouching near my brother I glanced over his body.

His blue angavastra was purple with blood. I quickly took my angavastra off ad tied it to his bleeding chest to reduce the bleeding. But then he caught my hand and said those words. "Jyesth, tell Mata not to cry and also reveal to Thanu that I know her secret. Take care Jyesth.Mata"

Just after saying his words, his chest rose for one last time and his body went limp. His eyes closed as he took his last breath. I was numb. I stared at the hand he was clutching tightly had now loosened the grip.

My mind couldn't process anything. The brother who I saw from the time he was born, the one I played with, slept with, ate with, and showered love upon was lying in front of me dead. I heard my younger siblings crying while Suthanu screamed. She was in hysterics. Silent tears rolled down my eyes as I glanced over at my brother.

THUD

I heard the sound. As I glanced backward shock will be too less to state my mind.

*****************************************************

Hey readers. So here is a new chapter. I will post the next chapter when I get 15 votes on the chapter.

Till then bye

Dhriya