𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝑺𝒂𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒑𝒖𝒕𝒓𝒂 𝑺𝒉𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒔𝒆𝒏

THUD

I heard the sound. As I glanced backwards shock will be too less to state my mind.

There laid Shrutsen with all bloody clothes on the floor. As I looked up, I was disheartened to find my own uncle Kritvarma standing with the Kul guru of Hastinapur Kripacharya. By there looks I could guess what happened but my heart didn't want to accept. One was our own uncle who raised them along with Mamshree Krishna while the other one taught my father and uncles. How could I accept the harsh reality. I was cursing myself as to why I sent my brother out.

The evil Aswathamma was laughing upon glancing on my dejected face. My mind was full of anger. As if lava was boiling inside me. I felt like today I will explode. My mind was in hysterics.

Third person POV
A few moments earlier
As soon as Prativindhya ordered Shrutsen to go get help, he ran outside with full force only to meet his end.

As he went outside the camp and ran towards his uncles who were resting or that's what he thought. As soon as he entered the camp he was greeted with the sight of his uncles and aunt killed while they were sleeping. He couldn't believe his eyes.

Suddenly he felt a searing pain on the back of his head. His hands loosened on his sword he was carrying, pain jolted throughout his head as if his skull would explode. A scream left his mouth and his vision blurred and he fell on his knees. As he turned backwards, he saw Kul Guru standing with a Iron rod in his hand.

Sahadevputra knew that he attacked him. Gathering all his strength he ran out of the camp with his hand gripping the sword tightly. Only to collide with someone who caught him and restrained his arms. Upon looking above Shrutsen found Kritvarma holding him tightly.

"Kakashree?" Shock.Disbelief.Betrayal was what Shrutsen was feeling.
His Kakashree who was really close to his parents. The one who considered Pandavas as his best friends as well as brothers.

"So, you are also associated with this attack. Along with Aswathamma and Kul Guru. But why Kakshree? What did we do?" With tears pricking his eyes he asked his uncle.

Till then Kul guru had arrived who then injured Shrutsen's legs causing his to fall on his knees. Kritvarma loosened his grip so that he could rest on the ground. Wiping the tears that threatened to fall he said

"Right now, I am not your uncle Rajkumar. You are not the nephew who I Spent time with. Right now I am a Kaurava Commander who is following his senior official's words. And you are the enemy who needs to be finished according to my orders."

"What about Thanu Kakashree? She spent more time with you. You would fondly take her to your lap, tell her stories and even feed her sometimes. And Suthanu isn't even your enemy or a part of the war. Then why do you all want to hurt Suthanu?"

Kritvarma was speechless. He knew what will be result. Secretly he was praying for the Pandavas to reach the camp soon.

"Rajkumar, I am an officer who needs to follow my higher official order. I have pledged my life to him and thus I need to do and support things that I strongly oppose."

"So, you want to know the reason before your death, you puny boy?" Kripacharya spoke. "Then listen, it is the order of our Former Yuvraj Duryodhana who is on his death bed. His wants revenge. And his orders were to specially kill Pandavnandini. His daughter Lakshmana suffered a lot of taunts and abuses and now her Maternal family is more or less finished. She doesn't have a natal home now. That is why he wants the Pandavas know what it feels when you see your daughter in pain."
He finished telling the exact reason and then took out his sword to stab Shrutsen to his death.
"I have a death wish. I want to die with my sword in hand. And I want to die in the hands of Kakashree, not the Kaurav commanding officer" Kripacharya nodded as he handed him his sword.
But before he could swing the sword, Kripacharya shot an arrow disarming him while Kripacharya embraced him.
"I am sorry putra. This guilt was always eat my mind" He whispered in the boys ears before stabbing him twice.
Shrutsen felt excruciating pain as Kritvarma stabbed him. His legs gave out as he fell on the ground while Kritvarma caught him in his arms.
"Kakashree please save Thanu from all these. She is a mother. Her child will be motherless if something happens to her. Tell jyesth that I was very fortunate to be his Anuj. Tell Pitashree I was brave. Bye Kakashree." 

Saying his last words , the brave son of Madreya Sahadev and his Panchali died in the arms of his uncle who was the Kaurav commanding officer that time.