𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝑻𝒐 𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

Warning - Contains graphical descriptions of blood and violenceKurukshetra - Pandava's Camp

Kurukshetra - Pandava's Camp

The whole camp was silent. Not a single sound indicating presence of life was heard except for the small whimpers made by some of the wounded soldiers. The Pandavas were in horror and shock seeing the state of the camp. Madhav had a silent aura surrounding him as if he could never speak again

Blood flowed from the bodies of the martyred soldiers who were killed by treachery, leaving a trail that started from the entry to the camp and ended at the Vijay Shivir. The once lively and joyful camp was reduced to a massacred field of people. Soldiers laid there, covered in blood. 

Some with their limbs missing, some laid there headless. Draupadi wandered aimlessly towards the entry point as she saw a gruesome scene that would be forever etched into her scene. The scene that rendered her as an orphan in her native home. 

Blood flowed out like a river as the flaps of the tent housing the Panchal royal members flowed with the wind. The body of her twin, her brother , the warrior of Panchal Yuvraj Dristadyumna laid on the floor. His hands limp on the floor with his head lulled into the side. Blood dripped from his mouth as trail of smeared blood was seen behind him indicating he was dragged from the bed down. His torso had gaping holes in it and his armour was broken into pieces beside him.

A horrendous scream came out of her mouth, "BHRATAAA!!" (Elder brother). She ran inside the camp and seeing her dead siblings bought a sharp chill through her spine. Both Shwet and Shikandi/Shikandini laid on their beds like they are sleeping. But their slit throats told another story as their chests laid still. "BHRATA SHWET! DIDIII!" They all were dead.

She collapsed on the ground and took Dristadyumna's head on her lap, the blood staining her signature Red coloured dress a darker shade changing the fiery red to a cold looking blood red. 

The Pandavas followed her to the camp and froze at the sight as their throats went dry. 
Nakul went near the weeping Draupadi and took her in his arms, trying to give her some comfort by mumbling sweet words. Sahadev went around the dead soldiers and warriors trying to find any flicker of life in them checking their pulses. 

While Arjun's blood went cold as he remembered the voice he had heard back then which prompted them to come to the camp. Iravan's voice. His martyred son's voice. One thought lingered through his mind. "Where are the children?" 

His gaze turned towards the Vijay Shivir, which was silent like death. His feet took him there in huge strides as he opened the flaps of the camp to meet the sight a parent should never face.

The mighty Arjuna's feet stumbled as his mind tried to take in the sight. Small whispers of denial came out of his mouth as Yudhisthir and Bheem joined him following his absence. Both of them suffering from the same fate as they froze in fear. Their skin became pale as eyes glistened with tears.