Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Ellie's POV

July 29, 2012.

"So are we picking them up then?" Justin asks pulling a grey beanie over his head a I tug my Vans on.

"Yup, we are supposed to be there in 10 minutes," I explain.

"Ok good."

"You know that you don't have to stay here with me all week while I watch them," I tell him.

These next few days Ciara and Tami are spending the night at my apartment while Marissa and Dad go on a trip to Chicago. It's their anniversary, so I agreed to watch the girls since they have been together for 13 years now. It's really cute actually.

"Of course I do!"

"Nu-Uh!"

"Yu-hu!" We go back and forth arguing like four year olds. "You shouldn't have to be left alone with them the whole time. That wouldn't be fair."

"Well. Yeah... But that doesn't mean you should take on that responsibility. They aren't even your family technically."

"They will be one day," he says in a small voice looking down at his hands, "one day the will both be my sisters-in-law."

I can feel myself blushing and I stand up from my seat at the couch and walk over to where he is standing by the counter. Putting both his hands in mine, I pull one hand away and make him look up from our interlocked hands. I pull his chin upward to look at me with my pointer finger. Pressing my lips gently to his my hand slide their way around his neck, latching behind it an pulling myself closer. His hands immediately wrap around my hips as he deepens the kiss. I pull away a minute later out of breath.

"Come on. Their plane leaves soon. I don't want to make them late," I say walking over to the table and grabbing my purse.

"Okay," he says nodding and opening the door letting me out of my apartment first. "How many years have they been together now?"

"They have been married for 13 years. But dating for like 17," I explain locking the door.

"That will be us one day," he assures me with a bashful smile spread across his face.

"I'm sure it will," I reply seriously interlacing our fingers and smiling at him as I rest my head on his shoulder and wrap my other hand around his arm.

"Have you thought about marriage at all?" He asks rubbing the back of his neck shyly as he looks down at the ground as we walk.

"Um. Sort of," I admit.

"Do you want to get married?"

"Well one day. But not anytime soon. I mean yeah it would be great to get married and all. But your career is really starting to take off like full time now. And I don't know."

"Well of course it wouldn't be soon. We aren't even in our twenties yet. But, just one day."

"Yeah. But I think I would want to have kids first?"

"What? Why?" He asks confused as we walk up to the car. He leans against the fender looking at me intently, waiting for his answer.

"Well, because I don't think that you need marriage to define your relationship. A lot of people get married in a rush. And it screws their whole relationship up. I mean, they didn't even take the time to get to know each other at all. I don't think marriage is necessary is what I'm trying to say." I wait for his response but only get a hanging jaw. His mouth is wide open from my explanation.