Chapter 20~Flowers

There will come a soldier who carries a mighty sword

He will your city down

O lei o lai o lord

The boy stared off into the sky as the winds swooshed through his hair.

He was in a small village, horses and children running around. His mother was inside tending to her garden. He was outside hanging his wet clothes from being washed in the river.

"Y/n! We must be going!" A boy shouted from beyond the house. The boy looked over the clothes he hanged and saw his friend, Takemichi, waving at him.

He hung the last piece of clothing and ran off with his friend. Their boots smacked against the green grass of the fields as they ran. The wind nearly swooshed them away. Both boys stopped at a hill, catching their breath. They admired the sun that was beaming.

"What a beautiful sky..." Takemichi muttered.

"I wish it could stay this way..."

The blonde turned his head, "what do you mean y/n? We live this life everyday!"

"I know this is a dream. I'm just waiting for the bad thing to happen."

On cue, the sky slowly turned gray and the wind became harsher and harsher. The teen just glared into the sky as the sun slowly disappeared.

"Why do you have to ruin everything?" Takemichi muttered.

Y/n turned his head, "what?"

"You're always ruining everything. It's like you can never have a good fucking day and you need to ruin it for everyone."

"Are you getting mad that I predicted-fucking what- the weather? It's just a gut feeling Takemichi."

"Yeah but if I listen to MY gut feeling, I'm the weird one"

"Am I seriously arguing with dream Takemichi-"

"Like with Osanai. You don't seem to be trusting me anymore y/n... why are you distancing yourself from me? Aren't I your friend?"

The blonde walked closer towards the s/c teen, rumbling of thunder in the back of him.

"I'm just having second thoughts, I'm not distancing myself I'm just trying to understand you.."

Takemichi gripped his shoulders, "y/n.. how can you understand me.. when you can't even understand yourself?"

The grass beneath started warping away as they were left to stand on pitch black.

Y/n grabbed the hands on his shoulders and ripped them off. "I'm not gonna fucking go through this shit again. It's one thing to be humiliated by Kazutora and Hanma but by you? My best friend? Just let me out of this fucking dream."

The sky slowly became white, the wind stopping as everything else disappeared. "This isn't a dream y/n... it's a self reflection on yourself.

Where shall we begin?"

It was the next morning and Takemichi was pulling excuse from the book at Aki so that she wouldn't figure out her son was stabbed by his kidnapper.

So obviously it'll be very easy.

He told her that y/n was still passed out and he would be with him all day. Of course she didn't like that at all since he had a shift but she didn't press.