Chapter : 28

The less control you have, the easier it gets for them to find your weakness.

___________________

Cheated
___________________

Chapter Twenty Eight: Cheated
Dom's POV

Today is Anne's first day in office, how will people believe she's the lost heir of the CEO. I decided to prepare mushroom stroganoff. I was just happy for her today. She'll be back to work from tomorrow. Even though I'm going to miss her utterly, it is important. And it is about her parents. I would never stop her from doing what she likes. And when Neil told me that the company will be haywire then even I was worried. If such a big company goes in loss, then what will happen to her?

Her parents' hard work will all be down in drain. She has to bring the company up by hook or by crook. And even if that means that she will be away from me most of the time, it is fine. Like past every nights, the coming nights too will be just us. The 'we time' it is the best time of the whole day. You speak off your whole day. What you did, how you felt, how was the day, did you enjoy or not. Everything.

When we were making resolutions, we even made this resolution that we will have the we time each night as much as possible and there were some resolutions that I alone took it. I even plan to propose her for marriage this year and also that I want to go to Paris on her birthday with her ofcourse. I wish to settle down the things with my dad that is actually difficult but I will definitely give a shot. There were many more too.

I was wondering endless things when suddenly bell rang. I thought it was Anne only so I happily walked towards the door just to find out that it was Mitchell. She asked me out today. But I clearly declined it. I wonder what is she doing here. It was half past six right now.

"What are you doing here?" I acted tough. "Won't you let me in Tommy?" She asked and before I could even reply negative, she barged in. "Don't act like you own the place. Tell me what you want and leave." I said angrily and walked towards her. She was sitting comfortably on my couch. "Where is Anne? Not back from office yet?" How the hell does she even know that?

"You're uttering nonsense. She's running some errands. Now if you're done, get out." I came up with a lie. "Oh dear Tom. Atleast sit here beside me. I have something you would want to know." She got me. I sat on the couch, keeping safe distance between us. "What is it?" She stood up and sat beside me. "Can you get me some water? I'm thirsty. Then I'll show you what you want to know." She is blackmailing me.

I got up and brought her water. She drank a sip of water from the glass and placed it on the table in front. "Go ahead now." I said and she patted the place beside her where I just was sitting. She's messing with my brain. I just may slit her throat. "This is what we are planning to capture." She said and forwarded her phone. What the hell? It was photo of the Millers company.

"We?" This caught my main attention. She slowly sat on my lap making me super uncomfortable but I had to if I wanted to dig out the details. "Yes. We." She emphasized. She took the glass of water and poured a bit on her top intentionally and acted as she spilled it by mistake. What is she even doing? Before I could ask her anything, she took out her top and threw it on the floor. At the very same time the door opened.

No shit. It was Anne. She just opened the door with a smile that dropped immediately by the scene in front of her. Even if I would be at her place this would be my reaction too. "Wait Anne, it isn't anything like you think" it was too late. She ran and went in her room. She banged the door and locked it.

"Mitchell get off of me before I myself pick you up and throw you." I threatened her. "So you don't wanna know who wants to capture the company?" Shit she's got me wrapped around her pinky. "Tell me fast." She glided her hand up and was running her finger on my face.

"What's so urgent? Let me tell you everything slowly." I swear I would've chopped her into pieces if I didn't want to know things from her. "So we as in me, my boyfriend and our dads." What!? Her boyfriend and her boyfriend's father and her father? "Didn't your father just agreed to marry you off with me? Then why this side change?" I asked. "Didn't your father too? But you also have a girlfriend now. We should play fair. Don't you think?" She got up from my lap and bent to take her top that was lying on the ground.

"What's the name of your boyfriend?" I asked. "I'll tell you when correct time comes. See you soon future husband." She winked and walked out of the door. What the hell? Anyways I still have to clear things with Anne first. I got up from my place and climbed up the stairs.

I started knocking her door only to get no response. "Anne open the door. Please. Atleast let me explain." I plead to deaf ears. I couldn't hear any sound from inside. I decided to make some food for her and then take it to her. Food was the ultimate help here. I was walking down the stairs when I heard her door open, she had two bags in her hand. "Anne where are you going? Atleast give me a chance to explain." She didn't even look at me.

She walked past me and didn't even spare a glance at me. I grabbed her hand and she turned around. "Anne please listen to me. Didn't we say we trust each other? Then where is that trust gone now sweetheart? Mitchell's mission was to separate us and if you go away right now, her mission will be succeeded. She wanted to show me what they're upto. Please listen to me." She jerked off her hand from mine and walked away. I ran behind her but she shut the door on my face.

Where will she go? Where will I find her? This all was because of me. I shouldn't have sat on the couch. Neither could Mitchell sit on my lap, nor could Anne misinterpret the situation. How should I tell her that she's behind her company? I walked outside the house and found everything just as it was. No sight of Anne. I went to Ambrose's place and rang the bell. "Dom, what is it?" Ambrose asked.

"Did Anne come here?" I asked. "No, what happened? Lover's quarrel?" Do I look in any mood to answer her further questions? "Call me up if she does." Where will she go.. where.. where.. where.. her old place? No.. that's not even livable. It has so much of dust and dirt. It will take a lot of time to clean it up. That can't be it. Maybe some hotel?

I went back to my place and called Richard. My help. "Yo bro, how's you?" He asked. Totally chilling out somewhere. "Just come at my place right now. I messed up bad Richard." "Woah what is it? Your voice is tearing apart. Is everything okay?" He asked. Yes. My voice was tearing, I was on the verge of breaking down. "Just come here man." I said and hung up.

I was sitting on a wall adjacent to the door. My eyes pouring tears nonstop. How could I make such a grave mistake? I should have known Mitchell would do something like this. It would just have been better if I wouldn't have let her in.

Richard walked in and sat beside me. "What happened Tom?" He asked. "Anne.. she left." I replied. "What do you mean? Left? Where? Why?" I knew this was going to come. I told him everything from the start. Those envelopes, call, her going to office, Mitchell coming home, and how she left away. "Bro you're cheated. Bad. She should've just listened to what you have to say. Wait. Did she took out her ring that you gave? When you asked her to be your girlfriend?" He asked.

"I don't remember her giving that to me. So either it is with her or she left it in the room." I said and we both ran to her room. It was nowhere to be found. "She still is yours and doesn't feel cheated Tommy. You just have to be patient with her. Did you try dialling up her?" Why did I not came up with this first? I shook my head and tucked out my phone from the pocket.

I rang up her. To my surprise, she picked up the call. "Where are you Anne?" I asked. "I'll be back in a few days. Don't worry about me. I want to clear my mind right now. So for some time please leave me alone. And if there's anything you want to talk about my company, then come there itself tomorrow after half past ten. Reach on floor fifty nine without talking to anyone." And she hung up?

I sighed in relief when she said she'll be back in a few days. And tomorrow I'll make sure to go to her company.

⋋✿ - ✿⋌

Next Chapter: Board Meeting

( ◜‿◝ )

Happy Reading Loves!
Labdhi