Chapter : 24

Pain isn't constant neither is sorrow.
They're like waves in the ocean , they crash down when they are too intense on the shore.
But they always retreat and leave room for happiness.

___________________

Semester
___________________

Chapter Twenty Four : Semester
Dom's POV

Last week, our first semester ended. Today is Christmas Eve. Anne was at Grace's place right now. And I'm heading home. After that red Envelope, there were no new signs or anything so slowly as time passed, it almost slipped Anne's mind. But not mine.

Since then, we've had several date nights, inside and outside home. Lost most of the time we all have been busy studying for semester. Richard's birthday was on 3rd, at that time we were all busy studying so we just had a small dinner at his place and on the last day of our exam, we celebrated his birthday. That is last week.

I reached my place and a person caught my eye. Black clothes, hiding from camera, the same one who had dropped the red envelope on her birthday. I ran towards the person who just threw another envelope on the doorstep. Just as he was about to turn, I grabbed the hood and his face was revealed. One for all, I've never seen him. Ever.

Time to investigate and interrogate. I dragged the man inside my house and made him sit on the couch and I sat in front him.

"Who are you?" I asked in a deadly voice. He refused to answer. "Look, if you want to walk out alive from here then just answer whatever you're asked. You'll be paid double than you get there." Money always work. He nodded his head.

"So tell me who are you?" Back to square one. "Neil." Neil? Never heard that name too. "So Neil, Who do you work for?" I leaned a bit. "Peter sir." Ugh, now who is he??

"Who is Peter to Anne? Why does he calls her princess? What's the main motive?" I asked. "I don't know. He just asks me to deliver these envelopes at this place. I overheard him once saying that he has something for which Anne ma'am can give her own life to get it." Anne can die for it? Sure there's nothing like this. What can that thing be?

"So you don't know anything more than that?" I asked and he shook his head. Now what.. that Peter or whoever it is can go to any extent to get what he wants from Anne because he has something Anne wants. "Okay then Neil, listen to me carefully. You continue working for that Peter or whosoever it is, but you have to give his information to me. I'll pay you double. Give me your contact number, account details and address and keep in touch. On the tenth date of every month, you'll get your payment." He wrote down everything and I transferred the money in his account.

He quickly rushed away and I went to my room, with that red envelope. Anne surely would know who this Peter is. But I don't want to ruin her Christmas. She's celebrating it after nine years. I'll talk to her about everything directly on the day after new year. I opened that envelope and it said 'Merry Christmas Princess. Yours.. '

Who the hell is yours? The doorbell rang and I walked down. I knew who it was so I just opened the door and tried to keep a happy face. "Hi sweetheart!" I pecked her as she walked in. This time we all will celebrate Eve at Matthew's place and then, from there itself we'll leave for Rockefeller Center. Ofcourse we won't miss the Christmas of Rockefeller. On top of it we've never went there too.