Chapter : 10

___________________

Birthday gift
___________________

Chapter ten: Birthday Gift
Dominic's POV

We had fun the whole night. Around five or something the sweetest of all person dozed off and that too on my shoulder. She had kept her head their but her breathing evened up and she was holding my hand in his curled arms. Making it impossible for me to even move a muscle.

I haven't had this much fun since my brother went away. I'd never open the door at twelve when everyone come to wish me. I would even block them all and I did it today too. But I heard their sweet wishes for me when Stella handed me her phone.

This all was so unexpected, her showng up at my place to check up on me. Ofcourse that was an excuse but I didn't mind being with this lady I've grown fond of. Turns out that she is my neighbour. When she said me at first, I couldn't believe it, but didn't everything she said was making sense. To make it a cent percent sure, I need to talk to my mom. It is very difficult. I've not talked to them since a very long time. Whenever they come, they take rest, pack up for another trip and leave. We haven't had any sort of civil conversation since three years.

But to find about my long lost neighbour, I'll do anything. I was looking at the beauty sleeping peacefully at my shoulder. I tried to move her head a bit and lay it down on the pillow but her hand holding me made it too difficult and I didn't want to wake her up. I ran my free hand on her head as I spoke, "You know Stella, you're the best thing that has happened to me. Even when we were small, I just couldn't deny anything because of those beautiful blue eyes that made my heart flutter. Today also when you asked me for dinner, I just couldn't deny it. You're so beautiful. And yeah my heart is a traitor. It keeps taking for you more and more. You know you never asked me why I was looking for my neighbour. Let me tell you a secret.

Even back then when I was merely three, I used to love you. The frame I've kept there reminds me of us. Our beautiful memories. My love for you. That I never confessed. I was scared that I'll lose you as a friend too. Now that you're here, sleeping on my shoulder so peacefully, this surprise and all, it all is just bringing those old feelings back. After you, I've never given a second look at anyone. Mitchell was just a screwed person of who I was given a responsibility of.

But now that I know I have you. I know that this screwed person will also be knocked away. It will be just you and me. No one else. No power in this universe can separate us. Now that I know that you're sleeping, I can confess it to you. My feelings towards you from years ago too and today too. I love you Crystal. Have loved you since so long. I missed you so much neighbour." I kissed her forehead as I smiled at her.

The time was flying now and it was already eleven when the sleeping beauty decided to wake up. Only to look at me and our proximity. She cleared her throat and looked away when her eyes landed on the clock. "Why didn't you wake me up for college? It is eleven! For heaven's sake!" She started panicking as I placed my hand on top of her shoulder and replied, "I've called in sick for both of us. You needn't worry about it. You can sleep more if you want."

"Oh. Did I sleep there? On your shoulder?" She awkwardly asked pointing at my shoulder as I nodded totally enjoying it. "The whole night!?" I nodded again trying to suppress the laugh but to no avail I laughed out and she looked at me.

"Don't think much Stella, it is okay. And you can use the bathroom if you wish to for changing or bathing whatev​​​​​​​er, until then I'll prepare for our lunch. I'm downstairs, you can call out my name loudly if you need anything. Okay? Oh by the way, thanks for the night, I really haven't enjoyed this much -"