Chapter : 3

Focus on what you can control and let go of what you can't.

___________________

New Friend
___________________

Chapter three : New Friends
(Anne's POV)

After getting suspended respectfully, we both decided to go to our own homes and get fresh and meet at my place. Now that he's fought for me without even knowing anything about me than my name, I think that he deserves to know atleast something about my past.

I know it's not easy for me to trust or open to someone so new to me but someday or other I have to tell someone to let go of my grieves. And I think that the 'someone' here is Thomas only.

After thinking about everything I was still hesitant to tell him. My brain is constantly telling me to not trust on him or tell anything. But my heart says that he has fought for me with knowing not even a percent of my life and risked his own reputation for me.

The least I can do is explain why I got panic attack. The person eye raping me looked so much like one of a friend of my uncle who used to use me in the ways they wanted. After thinking so much I finally decided to change in a cute and comfortable pair of pjs and I walked towards the kitchen to make something to eat because I'm always hungry.

I was preparing myself sandwich when I heard the doorbell ringing. I went towards the door to see a very handsome boy who has just saved me from the eye rapist.

I let him in and asked for him to sit while I jogged towards the kitchen to prepare some sandwiches for him too.

"Here, have some while we sit and talk." I kept the plate in front of him and spoke in an offering manner.

"Well. Thank you Anne. Uhh.. you know you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I mean let's first get to know each other then we will come to that dark topic. I know it'd be very uncomfortable for you to open up to a stranger whom you don't know even longer than a day." I thought he'd have wanted to know the whole thing behind me panic attack but I was so wrong. I mean he's taking things slow and is accepting that I can even not tell him if I'm not comfortable.

He says everything so smoothly and comfortably that all my earlier thoughts vanished in thin air. How can anyone be so nice? There are good men in this world too.

"Hello? Where are you lost? Look I can go and maybe we can talk tomorrow or -" he started saying before I interrupted "No no. I was just .. I mean I was thinking how nice you're. You fought for me without even knowing me and then too, when you deserve to know the reason of my weird behaviour you're asking me to take it slow or even not tell you if I'm not comfortable. What are you, Thomas? An angel from heaven?" I asked looking him straight in the eyes.

He chuckled a bit and came a bit closer to me. "Look. I know it is kinda weird to say that but would you've forced me if you were in my place and me in yours? Ask yourself and tell me if I'm correct or not." He calmly said placing one hand on my shoulder.

I pondered upon his words for a minute and nodded at him or myself. " You're right. I guess I would've done the same if I were in your shoe. You're so good in understanding any situation aren't you, Thomas ?"

"It's Dominic for you, beautiful." He said smiling slightly at me. He took a piece of sandwich in his hand as he hums in pleasure and I'm still thinking upon the last word he said.