Part...

"Alright guys," said Sam, "today's the big day..." "Big day?" asked Sky in surprise. They had all gathered in the consultation room. Emma wasn't feeling so well and had stayed in her room. Lately, the murders had come back. Sam said they killer was making a plan and that's why they've been under the radar lately. "Lately we've been very busy training and finding out what the killer might be up to." Continued Sam, "We know the killer will strike again tonight. He has stayed under the radar for a long time, but we have been looking for hints the whole time to find out what the next move might be. That's how we found out that all the murders are related to our team." "So what we have to do today is unmask the killer," Jane continued. Sam had appointed her the leader of the team and had told her to prepare the team. She had trained the team as much as possible and learned things. In the past, she had learned some tricks from her parents. She had told her entire team what she and Sam had found out about the killer. "The next murder is this evening at 20:37. The killer has specific times and ways of doing things. It will not be easy. We know from reconnaissance that the killer always wears a black and green hoodie. The purpose of tonight is not to kill the killer himself, but to expose him and bring him here where we can put him in one of the cells. Understand?" Jane looked at her team. When everyone nodded she continued, "Everyone has had enough training in case a difficult situation arises. I also told you that there will be no violence today. So if anyone gets it into their heads to start fighting tonight, there will be consequences." She looked at her team each separately and lingered for a few seconds longer looking at Alexa. "Thank you, Jane," Sam said, "I hope everyone will follow the rules. Tonight we will discuss further what we will do. Or at least what you will do." "Aren't you going to join us then?" asked Sky. "No, but I wish you the best of luck. Even if it is still a while to wait. I still have some things to take care of," Sam continued, " You still have time now to get ready and put on your different clothes. Good luck all." He turned and walked out of the room. "It really won't be easy..." said Sky as he closed the door behind him. "No, right Sky," said Jane. "That's why we need to focus now. I'm going to go check my weapons. Please prepare yourselves properly." She turned and walked out the door. Robin followed her, leaving Sky and Alexa behind. "Hey, wait a minute," he called after Jane. Alexa sat down on the table. "Are you okay?" asked Sky anxiously. "Yeah, I'm fine," Alexa said. She looked at her hands and said nothing else. Lately, her dreams had been bothering her again. She still had no idea where they came from and couldn't stop them. Several times already Sky had had to wake her up so she wouldn't kill herself. Somehow there was a knife on her nightstand every morning. She had no idea where she would have gotten that knife. "Remember well what Jane said," Sky said suddenly. "Are you starting now, too?" asked Alexa in surprise. "I'm just saying. I know what you said to me two days ago. I just don't want there to have to be consequences for you because you have some theory." "So you still don't believe me..." said Alexa. "Everything we've been through these past few months, everything we've found lead to one person. All of them!" She looked up from her hands. "Is it that illogical?" "A little, well yes..." Sky began, but quickly shut up. Alexa got up and walked out of the room without looking at him. "Then I'll say nothing more. But know that I'm going to be the one who will be right!" She slammed the door behind her as hard as she could and walked to her room.

When it was almost seven-thirty, Jane left to go back to the consultation room. She had re-tensioned her bow and had rechecked her arrows about twenty times to make sure they were sharp enough. Never before had she felt so tense herself as at this moment. She walked on to the consultation room, opened the door and walked in. Robin had walked up behind her in the morning and asked if anything was wrong. Jane had walked up to him and kissed him. She didn't want to bother him with all her worries around Alexa and the rest of her team. It was going to be a tricky night, she had realized. Lately she had noticed something strange about Alexa. She had asked her a few times what was wrong, but she hadn't answered. Or at least not an answer that Jane could get anything out of. She had planned to go to Sky and ask him what was wrong, but had come to the conclusion that it was better to let it go. Sometimes she hoped everything could be like it used to be. Just the everyday life at school. The chatter about the boys. Not dwelling on the dangers of the world, just going to school quietly and finding what you liked best. But at some point she knew she was where she needed to be. That she was born to lead. That was what Sam had said to her. She was the leader of a team that could go far if they did their best at it. If her parents were still alive, they would be proud of her. Being a leader of a team was not something many people could do. Anyone could be a leader, but not everyone could be one of a team. The trick was to form a team that worked together and was not just a team, but a family. It was more important to form a family than a group of people who don't actually want to be together. Who want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's easier. That's just what a family is. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door behind her. She returned to reality with a jolt and turned around. Robin walked into the room and sat down on the edge of the table. Jane had gone to the consultation room and sat her down on the conference table. She had a habit of sitting on the table, then on a chair. She had explained to the rest that a table was better to sit on than a chair. No one had commented on it. Later they had all sat down on the table, unless Sam had arranged a meeting. "Everything okay?" asked Robin as she stood in front of him. "Yeah, sure," she replied. "Just a little stress for later. Nothing more..." "Is Jane Newton stressed!" asked Robin with a grin on his face. She gave him a light shove against his shoulder and said, "Not everyone is perfect." "True," Robin said and stroked his hand along her face. Jane leaned her face against his hand and walked closer to him. He stood up and took her face in his hands. "Not everyone is perfect, but some come close," he continued, but when Jane started to turn her head he said with a wide grin, "And then I'm talking about myself." Jane turned her head back at once and looked at him in disbelief. "What, it's true isn't it?" said Robin and leaned forward to kiss her. She put her arms around his neck and moved closer to him. "Seriously guys?" someone asked behind them. They let go of each other and looked at Sky. "This. again?!" almost exclaimed Alexa. She entered the room after Sky and began to clasp her hands in front of her eyes. "You weren't there yet anyway," Robin said. Jane lifted her hand into a fist and boxed it. "Okay, enough with this drooling," Alexa said. "But I was just about to start," Sky said and leaned toward Alexa. She gave him a quick kiss and said, "Believe it or not, but I'm going to kill you one day hear!" She turned away from Sky and walked toward Jane and Robin. "Watch out you two. I need to be able to grab my weapons," she said and waved her hands. Robin stood up and took Jane to Sky. "Any idea what's wrong?" asked Robin to him. Sky shrugged and looked at Alexa. "Nothing unusual as usual..."