Part...

"We agreed Alexa! We make rules and you break them already!" Jane paced furiously in front of the consultation table. "At least now we know who the killer is, Jane. And who was right again! Me! But no one would believe me!" "Does it matter if anyone believed you? It's too late now anyway. The killer now knows that we were after her and that we knew what she was up to." "Jessie," said Alexa bluntly. "What!" asked Jane half surprised neck angry. "Jessie is the killer. Use her name, Jane." Alexa stood up and walked over to Jane. "Or don't you dare maybe?" asked Alexa straight to her face. "Where did this suddenly come from?" asked Jane. "Honestly, Jane? This one is because of you. Turns out everyone on our team has some kind of power. That you banned the leader of some Empire. And that I didn't know about any of it, because you didn't trust me. Or no, because you don't trust me!" said Alexa furiously. Alexa looked at Jane straight in her eyes. She was a tiny bit taller than Jane and enjoyed that for a moment. "Enough, Alexa," said Jane trying to keep her voice down. Alexa took a small step back but said, "No, Jane. Not enough. Lately I've been feeling excluded. The point of this whole thing is to form a team, right? Well you clearly failed to do that. A team tells the truth to each other and doesn't just keep things from someone. The point of a team is to form a family or at least a close group of friends. But you're not very good at that, are you? To be understood..." "Alexa..." Sky began but she shut him up. "No, Sky. You don't have to say anything either. Lately, all you've done is lie to me. No one has ever said anything of what the plans were. Or what you really thought about the murders and whoever was causing them. No, you just said nothing and did what your leader asked you to do. But you know what? While you were on the lookout, I practically saved Jane's life. But of course you don't know any of that because I was inside Jessie's head. Do with it what you will, but I can't say anything more about it. Jessie was threatening Jane while I had to watch. If you guys don't want to believe this, fine by me. I need to get out of here." "Fine," said Jane shortly. "Fine!" said Alexa in surprise. "What did we agree to?" asked Jane without looking at Alexa. "No shooting, or you're off the team," said Alexa. "True. What did you do Alexa?" asked Jane still looking at the ground. "Shot... but it was for a good reason!" replied Alexa hurt. "Bye Alexa," said Jane and walked out. She sat down on a bench next to the fountain. Lately she felt excluded from the rest. She had the idea that everyone was busy with themselves or the rest and not with the murderer. That had been the intention; to put together a team that could solve a murder. But everything had changed when Emma had joined the team. According to the others, she had changed completely. She was no longer the same person she had been four years ago. "Everything okay, Jane?" someone asked suddenly. She looked up and saw Robin standing in front of her. "I asked if everything was okay..." "Yeah, sure," Jane replied. "Okay then," he said and sat down next to her. When Emma had joined the team Jane had noticed something strange about Robin and Emma herself. Something had changed without her being able to say what it was. She looked up at the stars and leaned against the fountain. "Why did you suddenly leave anyway?" asked Robin. "Just..." Jane replied shortly. She hoped she didn't come across as blunt as she thought. It had become evening and she had a lot on her mind. Alexa had broken appointments and shot at people without her permission. Everything was going wrong lately. "Okay," said Robin. "Okay!" said Jane in surprise. "You see that something is wrong and you just say okay?!" Robin looked at her in shock. "Where did this suddenly come from?" "I also see the way you look at her!" Jane almost exclaimed. "Looking at who?" "Who do you think?" "I don't know! Why do you think I'm asking?" Robin's voice began to sound louder than before. "Leave it Robin," said Jane. "No, I won't let it!" he replied. "Who, Jane, who?" "Emma of course!" cried Jane. "You're constantly looking at each other! It's beginning to catch on lightly you know!" "So that's the problem..." said Robin, but Jane stood up and turned away from him. He quickly stood up, took hold of her arm and turned her towards him. "What Robin?" said Jane bluntly. "Is that really the problem?" said Robin. "Yes," she replied. "Seriously, Jane?" She pulled her arm back from his grasp and stood straight in front of him. "I can't take this anymore, Robin. I've put up with it for a long time, but sometimes a person runs out of steam." Robin looked at her with an outstretched face. "What are you saying?" "That I can't take this anymore." She pointed with her hand at them both. "It's over between us." "Are you breaking up with me now!" said Robin. "Yes, Robin," Jane said shortly and walked away from him, back inside. She walked on to her room and luckily didn't run into anyone. When she arrived in her room she walked straight to her closet and took out a large backpack. In that backpack she quickly put some clothes and everything she thought she needed. She had kept it up for a long time, but now she could do no more. She took out her mobile phone and quickly sent a message. She closed her rucksack and sat down on her bed. She took some paper and started to write. No one would understand her if she tried to explain it to everyone. That's why she wrote separate letters to everyone. One for Alexa, one for Sky, Robin, Sam and Violette, and even Emma. She put them in golden envelopes and closed them. She took her backpack and walked out of her room. She walked quickly to the bedrooms of the others to put her letters there. She stopped for a moment in front of Robin's door, but recovered herself and slid the letter under his door. She walked out and left. Away from the house, away from the Four and away from all the problems around them. She knew she was making a huge mistake, but she wasn't thinking about that now. What she was thinking about was finding a place to stay, because she couldn't possibly go home. Suddenly she felt something vibrate in her coat pocket. She took out her mobile phone and looked at the message. When she had read it, she had just arrived at the gate. The spell on the gate had changed again; just as Sam had always told them. 'Hoc signo victor eris.' In this sign thou shalt conquer. Another thing that Sam had always told them was the fact that you always had to say where you were going when you passed through a gate. "Take me to Nicolas Anderson," Jane said and walked through the gate.