thirty-five.

YASMIN STYLES
ثري☪
BAY AREA, CA

MULA'GS'👛.

Spending time with family was so pure to me. I loved the concept of non toxic bonds with my parents blocking away issues when we go out.

I just wished Knox had a good relationship with my mother as much as he does with me father, and I understand why he doesn't. But, I really just want old news to wash away so we can all be a family, including his siblings, especially yak.

Praying that the two of us get on good terms soon.

"I'm moving to LA permanently, I want to build my second company over there—"

My blew up cheeks stopped him from talking, I didn't know if it was what I ate or if it's a hint of my throat telling me to throw up. I laugh nervously, twitching my eyes as I swallowed the small sour puke while mother gazed at me in concern.

"Are you pregnant yasmin?" She asks.

I laugh at her like she was crazy, "It's the food, my periods starting in three days." She nods, ending the conversation using her folk and knife to cut through the medium rare steak that sat in front of her. "Is mama moving there as well?"

"Me and your mother's relationship isn't as true love worthy. I love her, but I just don't see her annoying ass next to me anymore. I fell out of love."

"Annoying?" Mama scoffs, shaking her head as she took a gulp from her red wine, "You cannot be talking, do you think i loved waking up to a bald headed husband every morning? Had to tap your head like a god'dam genie for you to quit snoring."

"This bald head had you begging more of me last week."

"Last week!" Mama scoffs loudly, I gazed at her annoyed at how dramatic she was acting right now, in public. "I never laid such eyes at you, old man."

"Ah, come on." He chuckles placing his bottle of red wine down, using the table cloth to teasingly tickle her face.

My parents were honesty so cute and still madly in love with eachother, but their unloyal ways broke them apart. I didn't want what they have right now break them apart even more. 'Cause I know I slowly start to fail on showing Knox what 'love' actually looks like.

The two demonstrated what love was throughout my whole child, with affection and how they raised me without spitting negative words out of their lips and comparing me to other's.

But soon as I get older to the age of twenty-one everything is falling apart. I just hope I can show Knox what love really is before my parents actually get a divorce. Seperating themselves from eachother.

"Y'all is so disgusting." I say with a mug, not being fully honest with my reply. "But mama," I huff with my eyes shut. "Can I get an apology now?"

"For what?"—

"Honey...you know what." Father corrects her, nudging the side of her forearm gently. "For the response you told her, you know you were wrong. I should've knocked you out for that shit you said to my daughter, what the fuck was going on in your head?"

"Right daddy, you better tell her." I say backing him up, clapping my palms with his as a small sign of a high five.

"..." Mama doesn't say anything first, yet her lips kept twitching as if something was blocking her from returning me an apology. "Yas—"