9b

We're back in the Quinjet. Banner is sitting on the floor, leaning against the table in the middle with a blanket over his shoulder. Clint is driving while Nat, Steve, and Thor sit and stand, obviously in destress, that's no surprise. Tony is on a screen call with Maria while I stand closest to Clint, watching over everyone. They all look in so much pain, mentally and physically, and I'm just standing here, perfectly fine, not in pain in the slightest. I shouldn't feel bad and I know this seeing as, I literally can't help the amount of strength I have but, I still feel horrible.

"The news is loving you guys." Maria states. "Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banners arrest but, it's in the air."

"Stark relief foundation?" Tony asks.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?"

"Everyone's... We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here."

"So, run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer."

"Neither do we."

He turns off the call and sighs, coming beside Clint.

"Hey, you wanna switch out?"

"No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time because, we're still a few hours out."

"Few hours from where?"

"A safe house."

"Oh." He nods and walks off.

"Safe house?" I whisper as I walk up to him. "You have a secret family we don't know about?"

Clint furrows his brows and turns to me, raising my brows, waiting for an answer.

"Yeah." He sighs quietly and turns away.

I smile but, hide my excitement by turning towards the window, him chuckling and shaking his head.

"You should get some sleep, too." He nods.

"I don't sleep." I state in monotone.

"When was the last time you slept?" He nods expectantly.

"Uh?" I start counting on my fingers, already knowing the answer. "Eight years ago."

"Really?" He wants the real answer.

"I'm being very serious. I don't sleep."

"What the hell, kid?" His eyes go wide.

"I don't know." I shrug. "I don't need to. I'll do it if I have to by other people wishes but, my body doesn't need it."

"That's amazing." He shakes his head with a scoff.

"I know. I'm cool."

-

We just landed on some nice farm land, a nice big house right in the middle. We go down a hill and reach the gate, stepping through, they're all confused while I'm just holding down a smile.

"What is this place?" Thor asks.

"Safe house." Tony shrugs.

"Let's hope." Clint opens the door and we all step in. "Honey? I'm home."

A pregnant woman comes around the corner, her smile slowly falling to a confused agape one.

"Hi." Clint sighs. "Company. Sorry, I didn't call ahead."

"Hey." She breathes, placing her hands on his cheeks and giving him a quick iiss before pulling each other into a hug.

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony states and I lay my forehead on his arm from beside him, feeling hin chuckle.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura."

"I know all your names." She waves.

They all stand awkwardly confused, except me and Nat, Tony giving her a small wave, my chin now on his shoulder instead.

We hear loud footsteps approaching and all turn our heads to look.

"Ooh." Clint jumps. "Incoming."

"Dad!" A little girl comes running around the corner, an older boy following.

"Hi, sweetheart." Clint picks her up. "Hey, buddy. How're you guys doing?"

"These are smaller agents." Tony continues and I giggle, probably just egging him on more.

"Did you bring Aunty Nat?" The girl asks after Clint sets her down.

"Why don't you hug her and come find out?" Nat comes out of the corner, picking up the running girl.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve apologizes.

"Yeah, we would've called ahead but, we were busy having no idea you existed." Tony nods.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined." Clint states. "Kept it off Shields files. I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low."

Nat gets to talking to Laura, Tony turning to Banner, me quietly following Steve as he follows Thor, who just stormed out of the house.

"Thor?" Steve calls.

"I saw something in that dream." He turns towards him. "I need answers. I won't find them here."

He swings his hammer and sends himself flying into the sky. I back up, more into the house as Steve turns around, waiting for him to come in. He doesn't and I peak around the corner to see him stepping off the porch.

"Guess, he's going for a walk."