alternate ending

~~~

"Hey, hey." Pietro shows up in front of me with his hands on my shoulders. "What's going on? What're you doing?"

"I-I can-I can't do it." I cry.

"What're you talking about? Yes, you can. You've never not done anything as long as I've known you. What's stopping you now?"

"I couldn't kill it. It wasn't working. It was too hard."

"Well, we need you right now. You're the strongest of all of us combined. You're going to have a hard time sometimes. But, you still did it. And you are going to do it. You need to do it."

He sets his hands on my cheeks with a sigh.

"Please, Lily. We need you for this. I need-"

He's cut off by being thrown into a far away tree by purple light.

"No!"

Thanos turns to me and I stand for a second before taking a deep breathe and working to pull off the gauntlet. He tries to hit me away but, I only move a few inches, still pulling. He tilts his head at me uses the gloved hand to hit me, striking me with the stones. I go flying the same way Pietro went, feeling exactly as I had feared.

I hit the ground on my back with pain shooting up my side, feeling like what I can imagine flames are like. I bring my hand to my side but, quickly pull away when it stings to touch.

"Pietro, it hurts." I try to calm my breathing.

I look at him and see him lying on the ground, not getting up, and instantly burst into tears. I turn to my front and do my best to crawl over to him, turning him to his back to see a spike of tree in his abdomen.

"No, no. No, Pietro! Oh my god."

I place my hands on his cheeks and try to shake him awake. It doesn't work and I immediately get pissed.

I'm about to get up when my sight is covered by the things I see when I zone out, what I now realize is the field I had just been fighting on, going back to normal before it does it again.

I groan in pain and blink, trying to get rid of it but, it just keeps happening, giving me more and more that I've never seen before.

It becomes too much and I quickly stop the world around me, getting to my knees as my sight goes black.

"I don't wanna go." Peter cries.

"It's okay." Nat nods.

A field in ruins.

"Don't give me hope." Clint pleads.

A war.

"Steve." Bucky calls.

A war between Earth and Thanos' army.

Tony gets the stones from the gauntlet and Thanos snaps, thinking he has them.

"I am Iron Man."

"You can rest now."

I fall back to my hands with a loud gasp, brand new tears streaming down my face as I sob.

Time continues and I, now full of hate and rage, ignore the scorching pain in my side and scream Thanos' name as I take off towards him. He turns with a straight and bored face, not caring one bit that I'm about to beat his ass.

I throw a punch, hitting him hard in the jaw and he tries to look back at me but, is stopped by yet another and another before he hits me, accidently without the gauntlet.