11

Arianna Roseburo
Jacksonville, Florida
••

"So what was yall doin this weekend?" I ask Kenny while on facetime. And she sighs heavly shaking her head.

"Kaylen ass is pregnant." Kennedy says and I drop my mouth.

"Say forreal? Aint she like fifthteen?"

"Yea, and I'm disappointed. This lil girl ruining her life and she don't care." Ken Sighs.

"Look she gone be okay. Do yall mama know?" I question. I know That they mama was out of town so she probably didn't want to worry her mom.

"No, I think I want Kaylen to tell mama on her on time. Because I'm not going to push her out to come clean to mama yet."

"Oh you so being a good big sister? I'm proud of how you handing this situation."

"Thank you, But what yo brother been up to?"

"Girl I don't know. He don't come over no more. And Nardo barely talks to me unless he checkin up on me."

"Why hasn't he been coming over there? Do he got a new bitch?" She asks making a stank face and I laugh.

"I don't care. I stay out of his business so you won't ask me. Because I love yall both and Ion wanna lose yall over nothing." I put my lipgloss on.

"Bitch you seem more peaceful, What happened?" She puts her clear framed glasses on. And I giggle.

"Nothing." I fidget with my bracelets. I haven't told her about me losing my virginity and I'm fine with not telling it anyone it was a private situation.

"Something happened. Tell me, was it nardo?"

"It was for Nardo. But it wasn't with nardo."

"You had sex? With who?" She smiles hard and I roll my eyes laughing.

"Yes, I had sex. And no I won't say his name because he doesn't deserve to be put on the spot."

"was it okay? Did you like it?" She asks and I laugh.

"Yes, It was good. I enjoyed it. His dick was long but he took it slow because he knew I was a virgin."

••

Nardo Wick

"Arianna can I come over?" I ask her over the phone and she sighs.

"Okay, but why? Because you haven't talked to me in forever and now you all of sudden wanna come over?" She smartly asks me.

I haven't talked to her for a while and that was because I was trying to get myself together. I needed time. She don't understand shit.

"I had had shit that I had to deal with."

"Okay." She says with no emotion.

"Ima pull up in like four minutes so have the door open." I tell her and she scoffs.

"Nigga you gone Knock." And she hangs up the phone. I sigh and drive down her street.

She lived in a semi-nice neighborhood. She was still in the hood but she was in one of them Neighborhoods that was still nice.

I pull up and see her standing at the door and I chuckle.

"Hey." She opens the door in her bonnet and a baggy shirt with Shorts underneath.

"Whats up, You been good?" I ask her leaning in for a side hug and she moves her body.

"Yea I've been okay. Chillin." She shrugs and I follow her to her bedroom.

••

"So whats been up with you?" She asks me breaking the silence.

"I mean I had some shit to deal with. But Im cool."

"Oh." She nods looking down at her bracelets and I chuckle.

"You nervous?" I ask and she pushes her lips out not makin eye contact.

"No." She looks down and I pull her chin towards me.

"Why you aint lookin at me?" I question her and she shrugs.

"I don't know what to talk about." She looks into my eyes and I nod still holding her chin.

I stare into her eyes and she flashes a smile at me.

"Yo smile cute you should smile more ma." I let go of her chin and she shrugs.

"I do smile. I was just mad because you aint talk to me and aint tell me why. Ion like distance."

"Look I Just had some shit to deal with. youn gotta worry bout it. As long as you aint in trouble worry about goin to school and movin out this bitch ass city."

"Oh...Speakin of school. I got my spelman letter here in my nightstand. I aint tell nobody yet but I got in. Full scholarship."

"Full Ride? Why you aint excited?" I raise my eyebrows and she laughs.

"I am excited. It's just I'm nervous. Ion know what Ima do if Kennedy don't get in. What Ima do if Draco can't move with me?"

"Why Draco movin withcu? He aint stayin here?"

"Because we made this plan years ago. If I get accepted into a university he gotta get his life together. So no street shit. None of that. And I did my part so he been slowly saving to do his."

"so yall was a thing?" I ask her and she makes a weird face.

"Never. I never saw him like that. We just close."

"So he aint hit or nun?"

"Umm.." She clears her throat and I nod. Seeing her nod her head slowly.

"It was once. And It wasn't no romantic shit. I had asked him to take my virginity."