15

Ariannas POV
---

"It's not fair. It's not" I rant to nardo over the phone while laying in bed. He was currently checking up on me because we haven't spoken.

"Look baby, I know it's ruff but you gone be okay." He responds to me and I put my phone down feeling my eyes watering.

"I- I just can't..." I hold my eyes. I haven't been myself. My life, Losing kennedy. She was apart of me.

"You can't what?"

"I can't stop seeing her on the ground with blood coming out of her. I should of never seen that."

Seeing that image replaying in my mind 24/7 is hard. Painful..

"I wanna apologize for even leaving yall alone at that party. If I never went to my car to smoke Kennedy would of been alive. She would of been breathing. It's my fault." Nardo explains to me and I stop breathing.

I think about how I heard the gunshots but I never thought I was her. I thought it was someone else.

"One thang you not bout to do is say it's your fault. Because it's not." I tell him with my voice squeaking.

--------

Nardo wick

"I think I am the way I am because my mama did what she did to me.." I tell arianna while I spray some cologne on. She was laying across my bed with a t-shirt and joggers on.

"What did your mom do to you?" She looks over at me with her head hanging off the side of the bed.

I look at her and stay silent. It feels like an eternity before I breath. I hate talking about my mom. Thinking about what she did.

"It's a lot she did. But when I was like six or seven she started touching me when my pops had went to prison for drugs and shit. But besides that. She would come in my room and tell me all types of things. But I trusted her. You know because that was my mama, but she stopped when my dad got home. I think when I was twelve." I tell her and she begins to frown while I look her.

"You was a baby...I'm sorry. I never knew." she stands up and walks over to me.

Nobody understands what goes on in my mind. They don't understand that I'm just a man who grew up way to fast.

"Youn gotta do all dat ma." I tell her as she wraps her arms around my waist placing her head on my chest. She holds me for the longest and I begin to feel peace. Quietness.

"Nardo, I just feel bad for you, but damn you smell good as fuckk" She takes her head of my chest and looks up at me.

"You love to make a young nigga laugh huh? But, youn gotta feel bad for me. I don't want your sympathy at all. I get all that from my granny every time I drop by her house to see my mama."

"You still see your mother? You forgive her for what she did?" She raises her eyebrows.

"I had to. She still my mama. Even all she did. Touching me, Dropping me off at my granny house for 5 years. Beating me. It's all the past. This is the present. I don't hold on to shit no mo. I let that shit go." I play with my chain while talking to her to avoid looking into her eyes.

"You too strong for me. you need somebody to take that load off." She grabs my chin.

"Damn. Gotta a strong lil grip. Okay Sir." I tell her and she laughs lighting up the mood.

She places a kiss on my lips while holding my chin. I grab her waist pulling to towards my body while I kiss her more passionately.

I pick her up and lay her down on the bed taking my shirt off holding her thighs.

"I'm a virgin..." she tells me while taking her shirt off. I stop taking anything off and look into her eyes.

"I thought you wasn't a virgin..you out here lying?" I let go of her thighs and pull her up by her arms.

"I didn't lie about draco and me. It was just a reflex." She tells me brushing off the lying part.

"Lies."

-------

"I used to think that I wasn't fun enough!!" I sing to Arianna while she brushes her teeth in the bathroom. She brushes her teeth harder and I laugh while the white foam come out of her mouth.

"And I used to think that I wasn't wild enough." I continue the lyrics. She rinses her mouth out and I look her in the eyes. She blows her breath.

"My breath smells better than that rank smell in your mouth. Smells like ass and hot takis." She jokes and I roll my eyes.

"girl, go home." I blatantly tell her and she looks in the mirror.

"Im okay bookie. I'm good here in this two bedroom apartment with one and half bathrooms. It satisfies me." She tells me.

"how can my house satisfy you? It's my house." I ask her and she walks out the bathroom grabbing her purse off the dresser.

"Lets go. Before the line gets long. You know how dem black folks be when a new movie comes out." She refers to the Women king movie she been begging me to go see. I just don't see the hype.

"Yea yea lets leave the house to go out into the monkey pox and covid-19 infested world."

"Monkeypox?" Arianna asks me in confusion. She loves to ask questions. It's many things about her I like. she likes to ask about the grass color, just about any fucking thing.

"Hell yea lil girl. Monkeypox real. The bumps." I grab my gun and tuck it before leaving out the room to the front door.

"Bumps? alright grown man."