Chapter 2

We get to the city about 6 hours later. It takes us about 30 minutes to navigate the city to our new apartment. Dad goes in and talks to the manager and gets 2 keys.

"Apartment 2b." He says as he walks back out, "let's get moving this stuff in." I grabbed our suitcases from the backseat of the car and take one key and go up. I unlock and open the door and drag the suitcases in. The apartment is bigger than our old one. I set the suitcases down and put the key in my pocket. I go back downstairs to help dad unload.

About 2 hours after we arrived we finished getting all the boxes and other furniture up to the apartment.

"I'm hungry." I say, moving some boxes out of the way.

"How about we go find something to eat then." He suggests, and i agree. He locks the apartment door behind us, and we go to the car. We take the trailer back to the company we got it from, same company just different states.

We get to a restaurant and order our food with milkshakes. It comes fairly fast, and we eat and it tasted sooooo good. The milkshakes were very tasty, and of course , i had my fav flavour, (insert fav flavour), while dad had vanilla.

We get back to the apartment and dad puts together my bed frame in my room. I get my own bathroom here! And a bigger closet! It was a small walk-in closet, with plenty of hanger space and a cute little thing of drawers. Dad gets the master room, obviously. At the old apartment, there was only 1 bathroom. He finishes putting it together and i thank him and I start by bringing my mattress in. I put in on my bed and move my bed to where I want it in the room. I then start bringing my boxes into my room.

My desk and bookshelf will have to wait till tomorrow to be built. Dad said he would phone the school in our district on Monday to schedule a meeting to enroll me there. I put my bed sheet and blankets and pillows on my bed. I grab my nightstand from the living room and bring it to my room. I grab my clock and plug it in and set it up. I set the time, which is 7:04pm. I open my suitcase and take out my clothes. I open the 3 boxes that were labeled 'y/ns closet'. I find my hangers and lay them out.

I take out my shirts and put them on the hangers. I grab them and take them into my closet and hang them up. I walk back out and grab the boxes and drag them into the closet instead of walking back and forth. I organize my drawers into, pjs, socks and under wear, then other garments.

"Hey y/n, here's your dresser." Dad says as he pushes it into my room.

"Thanks dad!" I say, as i walk out of the closet. I look back and wonder if it will fit in my closet. "You want to come help me unpack the kitchen?" He asks, as he looks at me and raises his eyebrows.

"Sure!" I says as i walk behind him out to the kitchen. We grab boxes labeled 'kitchen towels' and 'kitchenware'. I open the towel box and look for a good drawer to put them. I find a spacious drawer next to the sink and I stick them in there. Dad works on the pots and pans.

Before we know it, we have opened all the boxes and everything is put away. Dad says he's gonna work on the tv-stand/bookcase for the living room and I tell him I'm going to go back to my room. 

As I walk by his room, I see that he finished his bed frame and put his mattress on it, and made his bed. When I get back to my room, I move my dresser into the closet, and surprisingly it fits. I then begin filling each drawer with my jeans, sweatpants, and leggings/other pants. Once I'm done I walk back out into the living room, and peek around the corner and see he's made real progress with it. I walk back to my room, and look at the time 8:13pm. I look around my room, imagining how I want it to look. I change into my pjs and sit by my window. In this apartment there's a balcony off of the living room, so I'll be spending lots of time out there. I look up at the sky, at the stars that are popping up all over. In Chicago, it was warmer, warm that is for late October. I get up and walk over to my bed. I get under the covers and lay there awake for a bit. I wonder what my new school is going to look like. And that's what I fall asleep to, thinking about my new school.