Chapter 6

Me and Connie walk a bit behind the boys. We don't really want to be involved in their tactics and stuff. They turn down this alleyway so of course we follow. When we finally turn, we see them all gathered around a big cardboard box. Peter says something to Guy and Guy gets mad and chases Peter down another alleyway. We sigh and follow them yet again. As we walk, we see three figures grab something from Karp. We recognize them to be McGill, Larson and Banks. Hawks.

Me and Connie pick up our pace. As we get closer, the three boys start circling the group on their rollerblades. When we get close enough, we can hear them talking.

"You wouldn't even know what to do with it wuss breath." McGill snarks.

All of a sudden, Karp lunges at the 3 boys but get pushed down into garbage bags. Ew, gross.

"Leave him alone!" I yell at the 3, as I make my way towards the front of the group.

"Come on princess. You want to end up like your friend?" Banks smirks. We all take a step towards them in argument but then we all take a step backwards when we see who's walking up behind the boys. I don't know Fulton personally but from what I've been told, he's scary. He grabs the boys and throws them into the garbage, where Karp was less than a minute ago. He growls at the boys, and they scramble to get up and leave. We all thank Fulton and he leaves.

When we get to practice later that day, dads teaching us how to fake falls. I stand off, wanting no part in this. Karp goes first and does an okay fall. Dad partners everybody up to practice their fake falls. I get partnered with Averman. I hit him and he goes down, right around the time dad walks over.

"Make it look real! Act hurt." He yells.

"I am hurt." Averman replies and i help him up.

We are playing our game the next day, let's say just a tad worse than our first game. Goldberg kept trying to act hurt. A player from the opposing team came up to score and he "fell" and tried to act hurt. The other team scored a point.

"Goldberg, you don't take the fall while they're shooting at you." Dad says, once Goldberg is at the benches.

"Oh! Well, I guess you didn't explain that very well did ya?" He remarks back.

"District 5. Cut the acting class. One more dive, i forfeit to the Jets." One of the referee comes up to the bench and tells us.

"What? I'm insulted by that." My dad said, trying to sound genuine.

I'm out on the ice when Charlie and some guy go down. The ref blows the whistle for a face off. My dad calls Charlie over and tells him something. I get i to position and Charlie skates back to his. The puck drops and it goes to the other team. The guy hits hit along the boards and Charlie follows it to the player. Another opposing player comes up to Charlie while they all scramble to get the puck. I wait out further, and can see my dad watching Charlie intently. Charlie kicks the puck out, which Guy takes and we skate off. We walk in to the changeroom, tired from the game.

"We can't even win when we cheat!" Somebody says.

"Stupid cake-eater tricks!" Jesse mutters.

"That was embarrassing" Connie says when she gets to her locker beside mine.

"I know right." I reply.

"Charlie! What the hell is the matter with you? When I tell you to do something, you do it! You got it?" Dad bursts in and starts scolding Charlie. Charlie hangs his head.

"Look at me." Dad says, which Charlie obeys. "You got it?"

"You can't make me cheat." Is all Charlie days before he throws his gloves on the ground and storms out.

At that time Mr.Hall comes into the changeroom.
"Jesse, terry, let's go." He says, to which the brothers obey. "This is what i gave up my overtime pay for? To see my kids takin falls?" He says, and walks out as well. Dad stands there for a minute before walking out as well. We all get changed and leave.

Me and dad get home and i go straight back to my room. Besides, I should probably do my homework that's due tomorrow and clean my room. Dad cooks us supper and we eat. He tells me that he's going for a walk later, and i nod. After supper was over, he grabbed his coat and left.

 After supper was over, he grabbed his coat and left