012

5 days before...

July 25, 2022

"Have you opened it?"

Rick asked me as we tried to list down all the things we might need for his family trip.

He's pertaining to my email, he got him months ago while mine last week... I shrugged my shoulder because I'm too excited to be stressed out.

I still can't believe his mom invited me to come too. Mabait Ang mama ni Rick, she reminds me of him so much but in the female version.

The way she talks and even the way she smiled at me reminds me of him.

"Bakit naman? I think you should, you are making yourself more anxious."

Natigil Ako sa paglista Ng mga kailangan ko. I nipped the pencil between my lips.

"Maybe after this, ayoko naman na makitang Hindi pala ako pasado tapos maadadala ko pa iyon sa buong trip."

He sighed with acknowledgement,. alam ko na kahit Hindi sumasangayon ay pinagbigyan Ako.

"Then don't think about it for now, and think positive Please. I don't like seeing you so stressed out."

"How can I not be? Paghindi Ako nakapasa, Hindi ko alam kung saan pa ako mag aaral! UP is the dream, Rick! Hindi ko na alam kung saan pa ako pupunta kung Hindi roon." Bumagsak Ang balikat ko.

"You badly want to get in?" Tumango tango Ako. "Don't worry, I know you will! You just have to be more optimistic." He chuckled.

He launched himself at me and hug my shoulder as I help him list down more things.

"I hope so, you? Are you good with the university you got in? I'm still so proud of you by the way..." My voice little by little dissolving.

"Yup, dlsu offered me a good scholarship, I can't waste it."

"But you will have to leave the province, how about your mom?"

His mom is a single mother. A dentist and an entrepreneur.

"What about her?"

"Will you miss her?"

"Of course! I mean, she's my mom and that's normal... But she understands that all my life I've been living here. Gusto Kong makaalis. Gusto Kong makalabas and she understands that."

I felt him shake as I tried to snatch my pen.

"I'm Glad you have her. She's very supportive."

"And I'm glad to also have you, you've been supporting me since day one." He hummed. "By the way, may naisulat nanaman akong kanta. My old demos burned to CDs last week."

"Bakit Hindi mo sinabi sa'kin?" I whailed.

"Kasi gusto ko na surprise, wait-" he looked at his virtual clock. "Nah, not curfew yet, so stay?" I grunted.

"Only if we have pizza and chicken."

"Actually I already ordered before asking you...so yes, pizza and chicken."

We both giggled Because of the right timing.

That night I stayed with him for hours even after my curfew, I just don't know...I feel like, I'll miss him all of a sudden. Maybe because of our plans after Highschool, it makes me sad that we are about to leave this province. But the important thing is we will leave together.