094

bakas ang mga tuyong luha sa papel na aking hawak habang nasa gilid ng hospital bed ni lester. the nurses informed us that he is already stable and resting.

i can't believe that he tried to overdose himself with his own mother's medication drugs... isa sa pinaka matagtag na taong nakilala ay muntik ng bumigay sa buhay.

I look up at Lester lying on the hospital bed, his lips are now pinkish kumpara kanina. my father and Lester's mom as well as rick's are outside, they are talking about what happened but i don't have the energy to listen to them. my hands are jelly and my knees can't stand longer after seeing Lester's limp body, it triggered lots of memories and I almost had an attack. mabuti nalang ay mabilis akong niyakap Ni tita Patrcia.

"You don't have to read this right now sam, mag pahinga ka muna." kung hindi ko babasahin ngayon ang letter na para saakin ay kailan?

instead of waiting outside lester's room ay nag presinta ako na magbabantay sa kanya habang ang mga nakakatanda ay naguusap sa labas, out city is so small kaya hindi na ako nagtaka na sunodsunod ang message saakin ng mga classmates ko at siguro mga kaibigan ni lester sa kanya.

i just sat there with my head low and tears under eyes, pakiramdam ko ay kasalanan ko nanaman kung bakit nandito siya,I remember his words with me last week. the guilt is already eating him but he still wants to make sure that I'm okay and that their old friend would stay away from me.

I'm guilty of not trying to understand other people but I know that I still have a chance to change that, sinimulan ko na sa kapatid ko at ngayon ay alam kong si lester na ang susunod. i have to help him and let him heal on hise own.

rememberng how Patrick's phone vibrated before, siguro ay dahil naramdaman ni rick na mangyayari ito.

i was brought back to my own thoughts when i heard Lester groan and tried to take off his oxygen mask, mabilis ko siyang pinigilan.

"M-mag tatawag ako ng nurse para d'yan, wag mong gagalawin please." instead of answering me he only held my wrist tightly. trying hard how to interpret what he wants i look into his eyes and I saw tears breaming down his cheeks.

"Lester... magtatawag ako ng nurse, stay with us okay?" hindi ko narin mapigilan ang pag bagsak ng mga luha kaya naman hindi ko na sinubukang iwan siya.

when he is already breathing steadily he removed his mask and with shaking hands he held mine and cried, now I can't stop him from pouring his emotions into me. it's all I can do to at least ease his pain, to ease whatever is bothering him.

"I-im sorry..." with his dry voice, he tried to speak. "I'm sorry i can't..." hindi na niya naituly ang mga sasabihin dahil natakpan ng kanyang panaghoy ang mga salitang dapat gustong sabihin.

"Lester none of these are your fault, if rick is here he will never let you do this to yourself. think of your mom, what will she feel if she lost you? we all saw how tita Patricia almost lost herself when she lost rick. your mom needs you, Lester. we don't want to lose another friend. Rick's memories will fade if you will also leave us.." I have lots of things to preach to him but in the end, I just stayed by his side as he keep on saying sorry to his mom for almost taking his own life.