three

He was at a bar when I found him. We had a fight before he stormed off. I said some things I regret. I honestly can't blame him for leaving, I was acting a bit crazy.

I probably looked crazy too. In my sweatpants and tank top, running around with my out-of-control blond hair and mascara smudged cheeks. I probably looked like a homeless woman on crack.

That was confirmed when I stumbled into the bar that night, looking sloppy. I didn't elicit the normal jeers and cat-calls, instead the men cringed back, almost afraid. I didn't mind it, most of them hadn't been in business long enough to know who's girl I was. If they knew, they probably wouldn't have been so quick to judge.

Macie's was the name of the pub, it was his favourite.

He took me here for one of our very first dates, showed me how things worked. This was where he came to collect product, which was his main job for the big boss. I didn't agree with it, but I supported my man through whatever he did, even if it was illegal, even if I hated it.

The barman soon pointed me in the direction of my man. He lead me to the backrooms where I had no doubt my love was hiding away and gambling.

Storming into the dark lit room, I started going off like crazy.

He was there alright, and so was some cheap brunette all curled up in his lap.

"What the fuck?!"

"Baby?"

"What the fuck!"

"Baby, stop."

"What the fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"

He was standing now, the brunette abandoned on the couch. He was looking at me with those big blue eyes, staring into my heart. "Baby, let's go back to the apartment, okay?"

He tried to grab my arm, but I jerked my body backwards, unwilling to be held by him. "No! What the fuck is this?!"

There was a look in him now. His face turned violent, like a heavy thundercloud before an even heavier downpour. I had realized what I'd done a little too late.

"Well you clearly don't want to just fucking talk it out. Fuck off then Baby. Get out!"

His words were loud. He was screaming.

Shocked, tears poured down my face like rivers, and the brunette shuffled uncomfortably in place.

I don't know if it was my tears or heartbroken sobs, but suddenly he embraced me. He was warm, as he usually was, and it was comforting. I sobbed hard into his chest as he stroked my hair. "I'm sorry Baby. I didn't mean to yell."

I think he signaled for the brunette to leave because she suddenly scampered to the door. I didn't mind too much.

I was here, in his arms. She was not.