Chapter Ten

Dustin was eager to explore the area and ran on causing Nancy to shake her head. "Don't go too far, Dustin! Stay where we can see you!"

Unsurprisingly the teenage boy ignored her and quickly disappeared from sight. Nancy swore under her breath before running after him.

Once Nancy had vanished out of sight El moved closer to Eddie and took his hand in hers as they walked together. She smiled up at him and he smiled back, giving her hand a little squeeze. Eleven had quickly wormed her way into his heart.

"So are you and Steve boyfriends?"

Eddie was not expecting that question and stumbled, letting go of her hand. His legs gave out for the first time in weeks but El was quick to catch him with her powers before he could hit the floor. Once she was sure he was stable she took his hand in hers again and they continued to walk.

"You can tell me. I won't tell anyone else!"

"What makes you think we are boyfriends?" He asked, staring at anything but the young teenage girl. He started to become nervous.

"I see the way you look at each other when you think no one is looking. I just wondered." She replied, swinging their arms slightly. "Robin told me all about girls liking girls and boys liking boys."

"She did? And what do you think about that?" He finally looked at her. He expected to see a disgusted look on her face but instead she was smiling.

"I think its lovely. I don't think it matters if you like boys or girls. Love is love."

"You're one of the good ones, El! Can you keep a secret?"

She nodded enthusiastically and came to a stop infront of a big log. She sat down and pulled him down with her.

"Truth is, I've always liked boys. But you are the first person I've ever told." He said quietly incase the other two were nearby.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Being gay is frowned upon by a lot of people. If people in Hawkins knew I was gay I would have gotten beaten up a lot. Or worse." Eddie said, looking down at his feet. "It's just not a normal thing around here."

El frowned and squeezed his hand a little to let him know she was there for him. "That's silly. People suck!"

Eddie chuckled. "Yeah, people do suck! But you don't."

The two smiled at each other and El rested her head on his shoulder. "So do you like Steve?"

Eddie thought for a moment before replying. He definitely liked Steve. Maybe more than he wanted to admit. "Yeah, kid, I do. But I doubt he feels the same. Harrington is as straight as they come."

"Hmm, maybe."

They sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes before they heard the crunching of leaves. El stood up and got into a defensive position in case it wasn't Nancy and Dustin. Thankfully it was and she relaxed.

"Sorry about that, guys. This little shit saw a deer and decided he wanted to try and pet it." Nancy sighed as she and Dustin walked over to the other two. "Are you both okay? Are your legs okay, Ed?"

"Yeah, my legs are fine. We just wanted to sit and take in the scenery for a bit. Shall we carry on?"

Dustin started to walked off but Nancy immediately stopped him and forced him to hold her hand. "If you are going to act like a child I will treat you like one."

                      ______  ♡  ______

"Okay, dingus. You've had your drink now spill!" Robin said, starting to get impatient.