15

Chunks of dirt and stone, both big and small, rained from all around it seemed as the two stayed huddled against the wall. Luckily the bigger pieces fell closer to the origin of the explosion, due to their own weight, preventing more serious additions to their already numerous injuries before the dust finally began to settle.

  An overwhelming silence took over as the walls ceased to collapse at last, and they slowly uncurled from their positions to see their handywork. And check for monsters. Of course. I kinda see why fatty loves the explosives so much. Wu Xie thought as he looked around at the destruction he had created. Satisfying. Yeah the explosion probably ruined some artifacts somewhere in here, but still, I'll regret that later, right now this is a little fun.

He almost laughed at his thoughts, but then his gaze caught on the concerned face of Zhang Qiling looking down at him. A sheepish smile too over Wu Xie's face as he chuckled uncomfortably at the prolonged stare.

"Well, judging by that shriek I'm thinking that it's safe to assume that we woke someone up on the wrong side of the bed."

Qilings expression appeared so perplexed that Wu Xie couldn't help a small laugh at his expense. "Let's get up and ready for it then." He smirked at the still confused individual, who in turn nodded and stood, offering a hand to help the younger up as well, and as much as Wu Xie hated the idea of needing help with anything, his whole body protested so much at the idea of moving himself that he accepted without much thought, grabbing the hand and allowing himself to be pulled to a standing position.

He drew his knife carefully with his better arm and stood unsteadily but warily against the wall, while Qiling hesitated a moment, looking ready to fight but uncertainly glancing towards his sword that was still tied to Wu Xie's leg.

It took only a moment for Wu Xie to notice his hesitation, and he withdrew the sword himself, leaving the sheathe where it was, and handed it to the other.

Qiling accepted it gratefully, and held it with a firm familiarity as though it were a piece of himself he had had for years. With the sword in hand he returned his gaze to the hole, a new determination sparkling in his eyes.

  They waited a few minutes, to see if anything would rush at them first, when it didn't happen, they exchanged a small look, before Qiling placed a firm supporting hold on Wu Xie and they ran through the crude exit, light from the flashlight bouncing off the walls as they took off, completely missing the other carvings that had been revealed in the explosion.