24

Pan Zi suppressed a long suffering sigh as he looked down on the man before him, who was currently trying very hard to convince him of his experience with tomb excavation.

  The man clearly didn't know exactly what business Sanxing and himself were in, if he did he might not be trying so hard to be a part of it. But that was exactly why they didn't tell the man they were about to hire, the contract was all written up, all that was needed was a signature. Once the man signed the contract, he and his men would be bound to complete whatever task might be assigned.

  The man paused in his rambling, and Pan Zi realized that it was his turn to speak, the man was most likely seeking approval at this particular moment. The job had a high pay out, hence why he was desperate to be a part of it.

Pan Zi smirked a little, "I see that you have a lot of experience in this kind of work, so we have decided to work with you, all that you need to do is sign the contract and you're hired."

The joy that flashed across the young man's face was almost depressing to look at, for the man who knew that this one would most likely not survive the trip.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

  Wu Xie barely avoided running straight off of the roof, wobbling in an attempt to keep his balance as he teetered on the edge, he saw that the other man had already begun his descent to the ground, and Wu Xie paused a moment to debate whether it was safe to follow this almost stranger.

In the end his internal debate was cut short by a bullet suddenly grazing his arm, and he spared barely a glance in the direction it had come from, seeing the weird woman from before staring at him from the opposite side of the roof, gun in hand, poised to take another shot.

In a moment of childishness he flipped her off with a spiteful glare and jumped off, catching himself on a gutter. He clambered down, finding footholds on the windowsills, thanking his ancestors for the fact that there were so many windows around the house.

  Although the sheer amount of windows did not prevent his perpetual bad luck from taking affect, as his foot slipped on some of the loose dirt from a window plant that had died some time ago.

Fuck! Fuck my life! Why did I follow that stupid mute?! Panic encompassed his being as he reached out to grab anything within reach to stop or at least slow his descent—

He felt a yank on his shoulder as his hand was firmly grasped around the wrist, by a strong weathered hand from above.

He opened his eyes to look above, and saw the crazy woman from before, standing at the edge of the roof, looking marginally disappointed, and glaring down. And, just above himself, was Zhang Qiling, his one hand holding them both up by a windowsill, glaring  venomously up at the woman. Wu Xie would have found the others expression amusing(cough*adorable*cough) if only he wasn't getting over the fact that he very nearly died mere seconds again.

"Stop glaring and let's get out of here before she shoots us." Wu Xie finally muttered as the staredown continued a few more seconds, causing Qiling to look back down to him.

   The other man simply frowned before seemingly letting it go, and began proactively working on getting them both back down to solid ground. They weren't that far up now, only on the second floor window height, but it still didn't feel like the best idea to jump down.
   Normally, Wu Xie would have had almost no problem getting down from here, and he had no doubt the other could manage just fine as well. But normally Wu Xie would not be scaling down the side of his house with a broken leg, hence the process was a little more complicated.

   Ugh, this sucks, ope almost missed my footing , let's not do that again. I just want to relax for once is that too much to ask?!

  They made their way down carefully but a little faster now that the would be murderers... Kidnappers??... Definitely new their location. Wu Xie couldn't help but sigh in relief when his feet were firmly back on solid ground.

  He had survived way to many weird places to die at his own home in the end. He rolled his eyes a little at the thought before he ducked and rolled under the porch, taking the other man with him. Zhang Qiling looked at him questioningly when they were safely tucked away from view.

  "My leg is still a stupid mess, I don't really think that fighting them would end well right now, so the current plan is to sneak out without being seen." He explained in a hushed whisper, and the other glanced at the offending leg with an inscrutable expression, then towards the chaos happening outside of their cover.

  He appeared to come to a conclusion, and nodded reluctantly as he settled into a more comfortable position, yet still ready to jump out at a moments notice.

  Wu Xie mentally sighed as he listened to the people running chaotically all about the yard, yelling orders back and forth in a fashion that implied that they did not have a clear sense of leadership within the group. Interesting.

  "Check inside again! They can't have disappeared when we're guarding the only exit." The shout was made by some imbecile right before the porch began to creak and groan with multiple pairs of boots running over it's surface.

Dust trickled down from the cracks in the boards and fell in their faces, and Wu Xie struggled to hold back a sneeze.

  This is gonna be a long day...