Author's note

Hey all! So I'm sure everyone's noticed by now that I've marked this as complete.
To be honest, it's not, but I lost track of where I was going, and came to the realization that this had gotten quite long. Personally, I don't like to start reading anything with over 30 chapters on here, so the fact that I wrote something with almost 40 is rather unpleasant to me.
In order to solve the issue, I've started a sequel to continue the story, hopefully with less sidetracking and dialogue interrupted by multiple paragraphs in between. I am also aware that I have written the characters very, well, out of character.
I started this after the more recent explore with the note came out (how has it been so long already?) And while watching that season, I just couldn't help but get frustrated with how everyone around Wu Xie was constantly taking advantage of him and his naturally kind nature, and yet he continued to chase after them all and try to keep them close regardless. I feel like that season, although not being my favourite casting, really brought out how depressing his situation actually was, when his uncle definitely tried to kill him, but he pushed past it, Pangzhi betrayed him, and he was upset, but let it go eventually, then that last episode, how he just looked like he didn't care anymore when his uncle straight up gave him to the villain as a sacrifice. Like wtf? Weird season, seeing the endlessly optimistic Wu Xie just breaking down the whole show. But I also felt like his reactions were more natural.
My family member who raised me who I've been trying to keep up with since I could walk just tried to bury me in a mountain? Yep, going into a depressive funk and blocking out life seems like a fair reaction.
One of my best friends who has been my solid rock since we met has been selling out to the same uncle, despite also being buried in the mountain by him. Yep, definitely something to get pissed about.

Sorry for the rant, but that season was just out to break him from start to finish.

Not our usual Wu Xie vibes at all.

So yeah, I started this after watching that season and being at a rather depressing point of my life as well, so the characters are very ooc and sporadic.
I'm hoping to move past that in the sequel, as well as move on with the actual plot, so look forward to it!

Thank you for your patience thus far!