Chapter Fourteen

*Not proofread*

There was a darkness everywhere. So lonely. So cold. Jimin was sitting down in the midst of the darkness, knees against his chest; just like the memory of him when he was lost. He felt like a child, with tears streaming down his face and nose runny.

"Why are you sad, child?"

"I'm lost..." Jimin answers absentmindedly. "I don't know where to go..."

"Your past hinders your conscious. You are still wounded."

Jimin cries. "I am. I miss my old life, I miss my family..." he looks up and sees a small flame burning in front of him. "I don't want this anymore. I never wanted this. What am I? Why am I suffering so much? Why can't I just be a normal human?!" He yells.

For a while there is silence. Then the flame moves away from Jimin. It stands there for another few seconds before it sparks and grows into a gigantic phoenix. It was engulfed in flames, illuminating Jimin's subconsciousness. Jimin backs away in fear, pressing himself into the wall behind him, chest heaving and eyes wide.

"You are Park Jimin. You were born from a mother you will never know, and you inherited the power of the phoenix through the means of your mother. Therefore, I have become your servant and you my master."

"Y-You're master?"

"Yes, before she fell asleep in death, your mother was my master. Because her blood runs in your veins, I now serve you." Says the Phoenix. "I was awakened six years ago, when you first called upon me by means of the sword."

   Jimin gasps. "You're Sun Strike?"

   "In this spirit form, I am Bonghwang. When you summon my power through the sword, I am Sun Strike." Bonghwang says. "My power can not be of complete use without the handle of the sword."

   "So when... that happened, how could I have....?"

   "You were under great distress—in danger. Whatever power I could distribute to you to defend you, I gave. Which is why you had that sudden burst of flames." Bonghwang explains. "I was officially awakened when you ignited the sword. I have aided you with my power for many years. Even so, you have tried countless times to reject who you are and so you have rejected me."

Jimin shakes his head. "That wasn't what I was trying to do! I was just... I just..." he cries, eyes falling down to his hands. "I wanted to be a normal human being..."

Bonghwang doesn't say anything for a short while. "It saddens me to see you struggle like this, child. But until you accept yourself, therefore accepting me, I will seize my power from you."

Jimin's head shoots up. "W-What??"

"Until you prove to have come to terms with who you are—that you are not human and learn to not dwell in the past, I will not be there when summoned by you. For like I have mentioned before, you have rejected me and thus rejected my power as well." Says Bonghwang.

"No! I-I'm nothing without my power! How will I defeat Tulra without it?!" Exclaims Jimin. "Bonghwang, please don't do this!"

"I am sorry child. But this is my test of courage to you. I will not submit to you completely, nor will I call you my master until you prove yourself worthy of such title. Until then, you will be marked by my curse, and it cannot be broken by anyone but I." Bonghwang says sternly. "Now go. There is no time to lose."

~

"Jimin..."

"Jimin..."

"Jimin!!!"