Prologue

In ancient times, hundreds of years before Park Jimin...

For generations, there were stories of the demon brother and sister known to terrorize the people of what was known as the joined Korean Peninsula. Claimed to have been denied entrance to heaven, Tulra— meaning 'terror' in ancient tongue— and Aeshma— meaning 'dread'— became wicked slaves to the king of the underworld, capturing any wandering soul and trading their lives for a chance to gain peace, for their own damned souls were to never be at ease due to their awful ways in their past lives.

   But finally, in 1569, the current ruler of Korea was successful in capturing one of the demon siblings; Tulra. To avoid losing another slave to the hands of greedy humankind, the king of the underworld opened the earth and swallowed Aeshma to be protected by the gates of Hell. Meanwhile, they watched in agony as Tulra was bound into mortal form and was imprisoned in a giant bird cage. Her body singed with sacred seals, keeping her demon soul under the control of shaman and priests.

   They tortured her for close to a hundred years for the people saw it fitting to choose her fate this way. Emperor after emperor, as well as shaman who passed down their teachings about the demon, kept her in her single form to be mocked upon and agonized for all eternity.

   Although, to this story comes light. A new emperor was to sit upon the throne of his father before him, starting a new era. For many days and many nights, the young prince sat beside the damaged woman, seeking to appease her tortured being. When it was time for him to take the crown and choose his betrothed, he refused, professing his love for Kim Geongmin, the name he had bestowed upon the caged woman.

   In an uproar, the people of Korea turned against the prince, beginning to threaten and curse him for his betrayal. After fleeing to Geongmin, he freed her from the birdcage and tried to runaway with her. Sadly, while trying to flee, the prince was brutally injured and was on the brink of death.

   This angered the bound demon, causing her to speak in a demonic language and begin to break the seals that once belonged to her masters. Once her soul was free from its mortal bones, she defeated her enemies and solemnly carried the lifeless body of her one true love up to the gates of heaven.

   "Tulra, wicked slave," the gods spoke. "You have spilled much blood onto the ground and look! The blood of your victims cry out to us! Why have you come to our gates? You have no place being in the light! For wherever you walk, death proceeds you."

   At this, Tulra answers, "O kings of the light, please spare me from your wrath for a while. This good man, the man who loved me and I loved in return, is calling out to me. He is saying 'Bring my soul to the gods and let me Rest In Peace.' And so i have brought his body to you, so that you may reap his good soul and take care of it.

   But hear my plea, that I may cast a wicked curse amongst the people proclaiming to be my masters, for they have mocked and tortured me and bound me into a mortal form. If I may be granted this request, then destroy me with your light for I have no place upon any world without the love that came from the one I present to you."

   With this, the gods granted the request of Tulra and she placed a curse on all the people of Korea, both good and bad. She prophesied that in the generations to come, a carnation in the form of her hatred would be born and a great evil will bring the empire of Korea to its knees.

   After placing her curse, she was withered away into nothingness, for the gods destroyed her with their light.

I rewrote the prologue cause I completely changed the plot lmao

I've been so busy writing my JiKook fan fic that I forgot about this one if I'm honest w u

But seeing that I have 60K ON MF THE SPECTRUM REALLY SNAPPED ME BACK INTO MY SENSES

Y'all were really waiting for a sequel and omfg I'm gonna give you a mf sequel

Anyways it's 3 am and I gotta be up at 6:30 so I'll see you guys later

Keep voting and leave a comment

Love ya!!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️