chapter twelve

BILLIE
i was currently leaving the movie theatre with my best friend, tanya. we went to see the new 'top gun' movie. we hadn't seen each other in a while, so she was staying the night at my place.

we got in my car and listened to some frank ocean as we drove back to my house. we have very different music tastes, but we have frank in common. who doesn't love frank ocean?

when we got back to my house, we caught up and she told me how her and her boyfriend's relationship was going. "how about you, any new boy toys?" she asked and i cringed at her wording.

"nah. i met a girl, though. she's amazing." i told her and bit back a smile.

"billie." she gasped. "look at you! you're blushing." she told me and i laughed, rolling my eyes.

"i like her a lot. like, a lot." i sighed dreamily. "she's just so perfect in every aspect, but also imperfect but it all makes her, her. her name is madison."

"pretty name." tanya told me and i nodded.

"so pretty. like her, god, she's pretty. i barely know her but i feel like i've known her forever. she makes me feel so... i don't know, fresh. she's a breath of fresh air, that's what. it's amazing. she's amazing."

"you sound like you're in love, bils."

"hardly." i scoffed. "it's only been a couple of weeks. we kiss and stuff and go on dates. dates! i didn't even tell her that our first date was my first ever date, didn't wanna boost her ego too much."

"ooh, y'all kiss?"

"all the time. she's an amazing kisser. even though she claims to be inexperienced." i told her with a little smile.

"she good to you?" she asked and i nodded.

"too good."

"too good?" she questioned and i shrugged, shaking my head.

"i don't know, i've just never been treated this well before, i can't help but be suspicious."

"it'll be fine, bil. you've just found a good one."

***

a couple of hours later, tanya was asleep and i decided to facetime madison. she didn't mention having any plans so i assumed she was at home, awake.

"hello?" she answered, with a cute bed head.

"did i wake you?" i asked and she smiled, shaking her head.

"i had a little nap, that's all. i'm about to make some ramen now, you can watch me." she said, putting her phone down on her kitchen counter.

"how was your day?" i asked and she sighed, shrugging.

"i had an early shift, but it's okay 'cause i got paid today." she shrugged her shoulders cutely and i got up, walking towards the bathroom. i need to wash my face and brush my teeth.

"sounds fun." i chuckled, putting my phone down on the bathroom sink. "look at us, doing shit together."

"like a couple." she agreed, pouring water into the pan.

"a couple of besties!" i joked, applying my face wash and she rolled her eyes.

"obvi, what else?" she asked, mixing her noodles in with the water. "besties kiss and grind on the other's knee all the time." she muttered and my jaw dropped.

"too far." i laughed loudly.

she sighed. "i miss you."

"we saw each other yesterday." i chuckled, my laugh trailing off. "i miss you a lot too." i mumbled truthfully, rinsing my face before drying and adding toner.