chapter twenty four

MADISON
billie was playing shows. she was making more music, too. she had to have an album finished by her birthday, which was in just two months. she was under a lot of pressure and she hated it. well, she hated making music. she loved playing shows. every time she played one, she would gush about it to me with heart eyes.

me, on the other hand, i started writing again and picked up another job at the library, where i met billie. it was crazy to think about the growth between us in just a few months. we fell in love and we were able to grow as individuals, too.

the annoying thing, was that we were both always busy. billie was at her brother's house, and i was working in the library. i hadn't seen her in a coupl of days but we were getting used to that. it was a new normal for us. it had to be. we're grown adults with lives and jobs.

still, we made time for dates like we did when we first met. like now, i was driving to pick billie up from finneas' house so we could go on a fancy date. i pulled up to his house and texted billie to come out. a couple of minutes later, she came out of the house and i smiled as i saw her attire.

she wore a black suit with a white shirt that was unbuttoned at the top. she got into the car and i kept staring. she looked sexy. "you gonna say something?" she asked. i hadn't seen her in what felt like forever.

"you look... delicious." i told her and she laughed. she leaned in and grabbed me by my collar and kissed me. i got butterflies just like i did when we had our first kiss.

"you're not too bad yourself." she smirked. i was wearing slacks and a shirt too.

"we look so fucking gay." i chuckled, starting up my car. "two girls dressed masculine? at a restaurant? smells fruity to me."

"we really do."

i sighed as i pulled out of the driveway. "i want you to know that i'm proud of you. the way you are starting to dress and stuff. i love it. and i loved how you dressed before. you look gorgeous either way and you should continue to dress however you want. you really suit the masculine style." i told her honestly. i glanced over at billie and she was pouting.

"i love you so much, madi."

"i love you more, leelee."

"thank you. it's how i've always wanted to dress, although it's slightly out of my comfort zone. you know how my parents were. i feel like even if i begin to fully dress masculine, i'll still have them in mind, i don't know." she sighed. "but i've gotta get over it. so that's why i'm doing this."

"i'm glad. you look good. like... you look fucking phenomenal. i'm liking masc billie very much."

billie leaned over and kissed my cheek. i blushed. "i missed you."

thirty minutes later, we were at a fancy restaurant, waiting for some food to come while catching up. "i've been playing little shows and they're so fucking cute. like, people singing my lyrics! my lyrics that i wrote at my brother's house for myself! can you believe it?" billie asked and i smiled.

"yeah, i can believe it. you're so talented, my love. i'm oh so proud of you! your talent deserves to be shared."

billie just smiled, looking down at the table and shaking her head in disbelief. "the love is so overwhelming, it makes me emotional."

she was still playing for tiny crowds, but those crowds knew her. she had fans. fans of my leelee.

our food came and we thanked the waitress before beginning to eat our food. "i can't even begin to tell you how much you deserve it. you deserve all of the love and support in the world."

billie smiled widely. "you're too good to me."

"i'm not."

billie blushed profusely, hiding her face. "i love you!" she said in a baby voice.

when we were on our way out of the restaurant, a girl came up to us. "excuse me."

my heart dropped. it always does whenever strangers talk to me or anyone i'm with. i don't trust strangers. "are you billie eilish?" she asked billie and billie's face lit up.

"yeah, i am!" she replied happily.

"i love your song! i appreciate it. can i take a picture with you?" the girl asked. i grinned.

"yeah, of course! madison, you wanna take the picture?" billie asked and i nodded. the girl handed me her phone and i took a picture of them both cheesing at the camera. they hugged and i gave the girl her phone back. her and billie said their goodbyes and left.

"told you, you're a star!"

***

after our date, we went back to my place. after a lot of catching up and getting touchy. we eventually kissed properly for the first time in weeks and it was electric. kissing turned to making out, making out turned to desperate grinding on billie's end.

after that, we did our facial routines. i've come a long way since we started dating. i use several products for my skin and it is clearer than ever.

after that, we ended up having sex. it was needed. billie is one of those girlfriends that doesn't want me to masturbate or anything. she claims she can do it better for me. and she's right. so i don't. neither does she. so we both had a long couple of weeks, especially me. billie loves to send teasing pictures.

when we finished, we just laid in each other's arms and talked. all we do is talk. that's one of the things i love so much about her. she's my girlfriend and my best friend (sorry sophie). we just get each other and have the same humor. when we're together, all we need is each other.

we kissed and cuddled and kissed some more. it was the most at ease i had felt in so long, billie just does that for me. i think we're soulmates. i haven't said it to her, but i truly believe we are. she's just the perfect girl for me. and i like to believe i'm the perfect girl for her.

nothing can ever come between us.