chapter nineteen

{second update today; don't forget to read the other chapter first!}

BILLIE
i woke up extremely hungover and tired. i remembered nothing from last night. i had no idea when i came back to the hotel, what i did, or who i did. damn, i really hope i didn't cheat... i always end up fucking someone when i drink.

i had woken up really early, so i still had a couple of hours before i had to leave the hotel. i decided i was going to go home today. i was supposed to go back to my aunt's house for another week, but i didn't wanna. so i was just gonna leave.

i hopped into the shower, cleaning myself thoroughly as i tried to remember things from last night. as far as i know, i just came back to the hotel room and had a quiet night. when i was out of the shower, i texted madison a good morning text. i didn't tell her i was coming home, though.

i got ready and booked the soonest flight home. a couple of hours later, and i was on a four hour flight to chicago. i hate flying, so i hummed to myself, finding everything i could to distract myself.

if i wasn't going to surprise madison, i'd call her, but i was. so i couldn't. i spent almost the whole time doing nothing but staring out the window and thinking. it's weird, this is my second flight this month where i'm hungover.

i hummed a tune to myself that i liked, so i took out my phone and recorded it. "i wanna be alone, alone with you, does that make sense?" i sang quietly. yeah, i like that. i sent the voice message to finneas and he replied with some fire emojis.

i texted madison for a while, pretending to still be in cali. i made sure to ask where she was and she told me she was at work. the flight landed and i drove straight to the café madison works at. i left my bags in the car and walked in casually although i was so excited i wanted to start jumping.

i saw madison standing at the cash register, looking bored as she was on her phone. as per usual, the café was empty. "hey, can i get an iced coffee?" i asked, shoving my hands in my pockets and whistling a random turn as i looked around the room, pretending to be clueless.

"billie! oh my god!" madison exclaimed and ran over to hug me.

i hugged her back tightly, burying my face in her neck. "hi, baby." i giggled.

MADISON
i was so shocked and relieved that billie was back. i missed her so much and she surprised me! isn't she cute! sure, she hadn't been gone for that long, but we went from seeing each other every day since the day we met to not seeing each other for a week. i started to miss her after a couple of hours. by day three, i wanted her back then and there, fuck the wedding.

"i missed you, my love." i mumbled with a smile, holding her cheek. we both leaned in and kissed happily.

i pulled her in closer and kissed her for a shes more seconds before pulling away. "i am at work." i chuckled. "you want a drink? i get off soon."

"even the word 'drink' is gonna make me puke, babe." she muttered, sitting down at the table closest to the register. i stood there and stared with a smile.

"this reminds me of around the time when we met and you visited me in work." i sighed happily.

"except now i'm your super hot girlfriend and not just a posh little shy girl who showed you her underwear, right?" she raised a brow with a laugh and my heart swelled at the sweet sound.

"right."

billie sighed contently, playing with her hands. "uh, my parents are in california right now and i have their house keys." billie mentioned.