10| Next to you

Zhan saw Yibo at the hospital almost everyday. Since he was visiting his brother. Although they didn't talk much. But his presence made Zhan's heart feel a bit more at peace.

                                ***

-"Hello Mr. Wang, you're doing great. We'll start preparing for your surgery. Tomorrow you'll need to start fasting. Today no sweets, no sour and no spicy foods."

-"Okay Dr. Xiao. Thank you so much! And thanks for making my brother visit every single day" Haikuan started laughing "Usually he visited twice a week but ever since you came he comes everyday. Sometimes I wonder if he's visiting me or you"

Zhan laughed it off. But his words really stuck with him. Zhan couldn't help but smile at his words.

Yibo was sitting right infront of the patient's room. When Zhan saw him so sudden it startled him a bit. But the look on Yibo's face changed as soon as he saw Zhan.

-"Hello there Yibo"

-"Pfft" Yibo rolled his eyes

-"Not in a good mood, huh?"

-"I'm not like you, always smiling at everyone I see" Yibo said in a grumpy tone (lookss like someone's jealous)

-"Huh?" Zhan was a bit confusing at his word but decided to let it slide

-"Forget it" Yibo huffed.

-"Okaayyy, sure. Oh.. You should join me for lunch. The cafeteria is on the third floor"

Zhan walked away not expecting much from Yibo. He's probably not going to come anyways

                               ***

Zhan sat down at one of the tables in the cafeteria and immediately a bunch of nurses sat beside him. It's pretty common since Zhan is quite good looking and popular among the girls anndd boys, plus he's really kindhearted

But looks like today the girlies wont get the privilege to have lunch with him.

Yibo entered the cafeteria, his eyes traveled everywhere searching and he spotted him.

He was sitting around a bunch of girls that were clearly really interested in him

Yibo frowned and walked over to them. He pulled Zhan away to another table and sat him down. Then went back to pick up Zhan's lunch that was still on the table with the girls and while he was doing so, he gave the girls a fierce look.

-"What was that all about?" Zhan giggled confusedly

-"This table is nicer" Yibo answered while looking down

-"Why are you never looking me in the eyes?" Zhan said out of curiosity

-"Too bothering" he spat out

-"Ouch" said Zhan "Oh your brother's surgery is tomorrow, make sure he doesn't eat anything bad today and start fasting tomorrow"

-"mn"

Zhan noticed the worried look on Yibo's face

-"It's going to be alright, believe in me and your brother" said Zhan

-"I do"