36| Pain

-"WATCH OUT" he suddenly screamed. But before I reacted, it was too late. One of the men shot me in my arm. I fell to the ground. It was painful. But I had a smile on my face. It was because I finally got to see him. Not even pain from a shot can ruin this for me.

Zhan ran over holding me tight in his embrace and took my gun. Pointing it at everyone in order to protect me

-"GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

-"Zhan... Don't do this. Go away. Don't get involved"

He tightened his grasped after he heard my words.

*Bang* *bang* *bang*

Haoxuan came just in time and save us from this.

Then Zhan immediately pushed me away from him. The warmth of his body immediately disappeared. I suppressed the urge to pull him back.

I don't have the right to.

I missed him so much. But who am I to have feelings. Who am I to love someone one? When I probably killed so much loved ones.

Zhan looked at me one last time and walked off.

-"Looks like someone is not that into you anymore" Haoxuan giggled and hopped after to follow Zhan

-"Don't fucking follow me"

-"Ouch... Not into me either"

-"Zhan wait..." I said and stood up with all that I have left. But fell back down on the ground.

-"You bastard! Why do you keep getting hurt! Annoying!" said Zhan and angrily walked back towards me. He hasn't changed much. Still looks as handsome as he was before and still as kind as before. I could notice the tears in his eyes. After he kneeled down to exam me I wiped them gently with my palm.

-"Stop pretending that you care Yibo. You're just going to leave again like you did that day"

-"Zhan..." But he was right, I will.  I can't stay. I don't have a life anymore. I don't have my own choices. I'm just one of his puppet.

-"Let's go. It's not safe here" said Zhan after hearing the nearing footsteps.

I tried to stand up but my wounded body was failing on me. I grunted from pain and fell on the cold concrete floor.

Then Zhan kneeled with his back facing me

-"Come on, we don't have much time" said Zhan signalling to get on his back and I did.

Luckily we got away and found some alley to hide in.

Zhan put me down gently.

-"I'm sorry Zhan"

-"Let's get this over quickly"

He skilfully wrapped my wound with the first aid kit he always carried around. Wasn't the first time he used it on me. I even missed it a bit. But not more than I missed the owner of this aid. Although I know that things will never be the same as they were. I don't have the right to love. I never had. Someone like me is destined to live like this.

After Zhan finished he left without a word. And I couldn't blame him for that. I left him alone once more.

Thank you for reading and have a great time!!! It's summer soonnn make sure you're healthy in the meantime