Arc 3 - Chapter 26

"All right folks, the Cavalry Battle is underway!" (Present Mic)

Fifteen minutes had passed, and it was now time to start the event. There were a total of 12 teams, Bakugo ends up teaming up with Eijiro, Hanta, and Mina. Iida had joined Todoroki's team, as well as Momo and Kaminari. A pretty interesting pair of groups I might say.

But those two groups weren't the only ones we needed to watch out for. Almost every other group was targeting us, so it would be impossible to ignore them. It'd be bad if we get surrounded.

But, Deku picked the right student just in time to counter that.

"Tokoyami-kun, we leave our guard to you!" I say with one hand extending upright.

"Y-yeah." (Tokoyami)

With Tokoyami, we had our vanguard spot filled. The next was to decide who would be the left and right-wing, as well as the rider. Deku quickly assigned us to each position. Deku would be the right wing, while Uraraka took the right, which left me in the rider position. It feels like I'm useless since I've been making Deku do all the executive decisions.

Oh well, it's better this way since I can focus on other things. I have very important things to do, you know! Don't call it being lazy, that's just rude, hmph.

"I assume everyone's ready? Great. You all have 30 minutes to compete, go!" (Midnight)

I was flabbergasted at how Midnight was extremely straight to the point. Since my memories of (Demon Lords) people that weren't exactly very direct about their thoughts were still quite fresh.

Straight away, I could see Bakugo and Todorki going after us.

"Bakugo, you and I know we can't take on Rimuru separately. We'll have to combine our efforts to bring them down!" Todorki was negotiating while charging toward us. "Tch, I don't need you telling me what to do!" Bakugo replied neither denying nor accepting Todorki's plans, but that seemed to work within Todorki's mind.

"Holy smokes! The three most overpower— popular groups are immediately going head to head! A very exciting situation right from the get-go for us, folks!" (Present Mic)

"It seems like Todoroki and Bakugo are trying to take down Rimuru's group together. A friendly-fire agreement in other words." (Aizawa)

Yes. Both Todoroki and Bakugo were trying to coordinate their attacks for them to have a chance at stealing the headband Rimuru was wearing.

The first attack came from a student named Juzo Honenuki.

The ground beneath Team Rimuru softened and they began to sink. 

"What the, what's this?!" (Uraraka) 

"I can't get my feet unstuck, we're sinking Midoriya." Tokoyami was calm, despite the words he was using. 

Deku was also as calm, "A quirk that can turn the ground into something like quicksand, clever."

"Hey hey! Why are you all so calm, we're gonna be sitting ducks if we don't get out of here!" (Uraraka)

I respond to her, "Stay calm and analyze the next thing you could do to counter this situation. If you start to panic, it'll just worsen our situation."

Uraraka looked at me in surprise and nodded, "O-okay, I got it."

Now then, it's time for me to get us out of this predicament.

"Hold on tight, everyone." This little pond of pseudo-quick sand was easy enough to get out of. I propelled us out of the quicksand using wind currents, making us fly high into the air.