i.

i stare at the front door, it's hinges still rattling from the force clay used when he slammed the door on me, might as well have shattered my dreams while he was at it. today is my 18th birthday which i causally mentioned to clay and distra. distra smiled slightly and said happy birthday to me while clay yelled at me for being spoilt and for wanting anything for my birthday.

the truth is, all i wanted was to spend some time with my family. of course clay didn't want that and forced distra out the house with him. he's never cared for me, nor has our parents. they never cared about me or distra so i raised her by myself while clay was busy doing youtube and hanging with friends. i'll never understand why clay doesn't like me, our parents don't like me or distra that much as they wanted boys.

i sigh in defeat as i walk away from the front door, a few tears threaten to spill down my face. walking towards the living room i grab my phone from my pocket and begin ringing a group chat. the chat consisted of everyone clay had in his smp, not that he would ever know that. they became friends with me when nick and purpled were talking about me in a discord call.

being a faceless youtuber with 13 million subscribers who's dream's sister was bound to grab their attention, quickly we all became friends and started talking behind clay's back. i remember when they first discovered the truth about how clay treated me, george offered to threaten clay while tommy, jack, wilbur and purpled all threatened to beat the shit out of him. i denied their offers.

"happy 18th birthday y/n!" several people yell upon joining the call, i try to smile for them but tears just drop down my face. "what did clay do now?" nick asks, his voice clear above the others, silencing the call. "called me spoilt, pathetic and stupid for wanting to do something for my 18th birthday. it's like high school all over again nick." i say quietly, nick solemnly nods his head.

back in high school i got bullied a lot, nick knew clay back then and once heard me crying when he was over at ours meeting clay. he came into my room and comforted me while clay was busy setting something up for them. long story short, me and nick have known each other for years and we talk a lot. not that clay knows that.

"what if you moved to brighton with me and scott y/n?" jack suddenly says, i stare at him in surprise, the tears on my face slowly drying up. "w- what?" is the only reply i can muster. jack stares at me, his eyes staring into my soul. "move in with me and scott, he wouldn't mind!" jack once again says, i only stare at him. "he's right you know, i wouldn't mind!" scott says suddenly popping into frame.

"i- uh, i don't know." i say doubtfully as i stare at all my friends faces across my phone screen. "i think you should do it n/n, i know it seems scary but i think it will make you happy. besides you'll be with people who love and care for you. you're 18 now, nothing's stopping you." nick states, i stare at him for a few moments.

"okay, let me find a flight from here to brighton then. you've convinced me nick." i say as a cheer booms out through my phone speaker, i laugh softly as i hear tommy yelling in triumph. grabbing my laptop from beside me i open a new tab and start searching for flights. "there's one in three days from here to gatwick, the flights at 2:55 in the afternoon and it should land at 7:50 in the morning." i say as jack hums.

"i should be able to pick you up from the airport." he says, i open my mouth to say it'll be fine and that he shouldn't take time out of his schedule to collect me when he cuts me off. "it's fine y/n, besides i'd rather collect you and miss some sleep than you getting lost." he says. i only nod in reply and book the tickets.

"i can't wait to meet you in real life american!" tommy says jokingly as i pull out my suitcase, it's been a few minutes since i booked the tickets and everything feels like a fever dream. packing my suitcase with clothes, my set up and decor i want to keep i realise everything i'm putting into my suitcase is everything i own. i never bought much stuff as clay would always find a way to destroy it or just take it from me saying i didn't deserve it.

i stop momentarily and think about distra, will she be okay without me? she's a tough 15 year old, and clay treats her okay. she should be fine but to be safe i'll talk to her about me leaving for brighton in a few days. i finish packing my stuff as my friends begin to leave the call. first schlatt, then niki, then purpled, quackity, karl, george and nick until finally it's just me jack and wilbur.

"i've gotta go but i'll see you in three days n/n!" jack bids his goodbye and leaves the call. i look at wilbur once i shut my suitcase and i see the bags under his eyes. "go to bed wilbur." i say as he looks at me through tired eyes, "you can call me wil n/n." he says and i nod, realising there's no reason for me not to.

"bring your guitar with you to brighton n/n. i'd love to play with you sometime." wilbur says smiling lightly as he yawns softly. "go to bed wil." i say softly, he nods ending the call. i sit in my room for a few seconds just listening to the silence when the front door slams shut. clay and distra are back, i won't tell clay about me leaving for brighton as that's a suicide mission.

i wait a few minutes and listen to clay and distra as they go into their respective rooms, i then walk out my room and quietly knock on distra's door. i hear a faint come in as i open the door. "hey distra, listen i've gotta tell you something." i say once i shut the door, distra nod's her head at me signalling for me to continue.

"please don't tell clay but i've booked a flight to gatwick in three days, i'm going to move in with jack and scott. will you be okay on your own? i can always cancel the flight." i whisper, afraid clay might hear me. distra looks at me for a few seconds before rushing at me, tightly hugging my torso.

"i want you to be happy y/n! go to brighton i'll be okay with clay. live your happily ever after!" she says into my shoulder. a few tears drop down my face and fall into her hair while a few of her tears sink into my shirt. we stand there for a few minutes before pulling away, distra smiles at me and i let out a light chuckle.

three days later my alarm goes off, it's 1:05 in the afternoon and i'm preparing to leave for my flight, distra's distracting clay with a stream she wanted to feature in with tommy. thankfully clay never comes into my room and hadn't seen that all my stuff was packed and ready for my leave. i mentally prepare myself as i get into the taxi, telling the driver to take me to the airport.

everything seems to shift once i get to the airport, this no longer feels like a fever dream, i feel intimidated in the airport. like how i used to feel when i first entered high school. they say take the choice that scares you the most, but i feel as though my world is collapsing around me.

fumbling with my passport at the check in desk i watch my suitcase get taken from me, i feel like a zombie as i walk through security. it's now 1:55 in the afternoon and clay's still streaming with distra unaware to what's happening with me. i'm beginning to wonder if this was the right choice.

it's now 2:20 in the afternoon and i'm grabbing some peach iced tea from one of the shops inside the airport hoping it'll calm my nerves. opening my phone i begin scrolling through instagram, occasionally commenting on some fan art of what people think i look like. i smile slightly as i watch a few animations people have done from my most recent video with tommy and wilbur.

it's now 2:35 in the afternoon and they're calling for people to go to gate 5 for the flight from florida to gatwick. i walk down towards the gate, my feet feel as though they are stuck in glue. it's 2:45 and i'm walking down the long hallway towards the airplane, i hear the announcer calling out the last call for my flight.

it's now 2:55 in the afternoon and i'm on the plane, it's preparing for take off so there's no going back now. i sit in my seat praying i'm making the right choice. i'm leaving the usa, leaving the only family i have, moving across to the uk. i sigh softly as i watch the airport getting smaller and smaller. i guess this is my new beginning.